Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 16, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
help! solo shopping trip - no car!

I wonder if I can pick some dibbers knowledge.

I will be travelling and staying solo at the BVP - Lake Buena Vista. no car!. I would dearly love at least a little shopping trip, maybe to an outlet and to a Target if possible.

Last time of travelling I took a Mears Shuttle to Florida Mall - sensible I thought as I would not be travelling alone etc. Only to wait over 2 hours in the dark for a pick up which only happened after a long argument where they suggested I had not been waiting in the right place (I was) at the correct pick up time. It was a frightening experience which I will not repeat.

I did look at the Virgin Holiday shopping trip but it is expensive,more so if I want to be picked up at my hotel and therefore not really a goer.

Does anyone know whether there is a reliable free shuttle to a local outlet Mall from my Hotel (I seem to recall possibly there is) or has anyone ever used a cab to get to (say) Target and successfully got the cab firm to pick you up later.

To make matters worse I will not have a mobile to call when I want picking up!

Any advice would be appreciated as whilst I love Disney and Disney Springs a change of scene would be nice!
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Reception/locals would be able to recommend you a taxi prehaps or look at Uber, some dibbers have been giving them high praise over the last few months. Happy shopping when you get there x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TiggerBounces
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Hi, can't say if they are reliable as this is a newish service and someone on here has reported they didn't get picked up and I've not seen if others have been more successful but there is a free shuttle to the outlets that picks up at different hotels. There is a list of hotels on the website that they will pick up from. We have it booked but aren't going for quite a while so I won't be able to let you know if we are successful! Have a good shopping trip x
mallservice.mearstransportation/
TiggerBounces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I did the shopping trip on my own a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed my day. It was with Florida dolphin tours but I booked via attraction tickets direct. I don't know if that the one you looked at.

I went to Walmart, the outlets and Florida mall. They stored all my shopping, I thought it was good value for one.
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tearling
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Does it matter if you're not staying at one of the hotels? We will be at CBR
tearling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by tearling View Post
For which one? I don't think so for either, I think both the mall shuttle and the shopping tour pick up from the swan and dolphin ( off the top of my head) which is fine to get to using Disney transport.
Old 25 Aug 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TiggerBounces
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tearling View Post
I don't think it does matter, as long as you can get to the pick up hotel, we have booked to be picked up from the Swan but are staying at POR, can't remember but I think the pick up is about 10 so plenty of time to make our way over there!

I could so do with a good shop at the outlets right now!
TiggerBounces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

I've done the greyline shopping tour twice and would highly recommend it. No target but does Vineland Outlets, Millenia then the Florida Mall. Only reason we aren't doing it this year is because Uber is a bit more convenient for us.
Old 25 Aug 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tearling
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I was thinking, get to DS using shuttle then walk to Hilton across the bridge. But if it stops a lot on the way it might be too much hassle.
tearling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TiggerBounces
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I'm not too sure of how many stops there but when you go on the shuttle website (link above) it will tell you the pick up time for the hotel you select, so you could get a rough idea of other picks ups / times by selecting a few other hotels to see if they are before or after your hotel. I'm hoping someone else may post on the dibb soon who has been able to use the shuttle so we can get an idea of times etc.
Closed Thread