Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 16, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Is it worth a trip to premium outlets?

Are there still bargains to be had at the outlets due to the dollar rate? On previous visits we've stocked up on Converse and RL and UA,North face but are the prices now more or less what we pay at home? We haven't a car so would be using Uber from CBR to Vineland probably going Monday. So is it a worthwhile visit?
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

The bargains aren't quite what we've had previously but some things, especially the high end named brands, are cheaper. There's still the BOGO offers etc and RL had tees for $18 for the classic polo crew or v neck. I've always taxied from DS as its literally 5 mins away and found it quite reasonable to get to premium

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

If you are into fashion labels (some you won't have heard of) then its fine but as above, there aren't the bargains there used to be.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

As others have said the outlets that mainly attract visitors are not as cheap as they used to be.

The exchange rate doesn't help of course, but if you can get to the outlet malls the locals use the prices can still be very good. The trouble is without a car you could use up your savings in taxi or uber costs.

My best bargain on our last trip was a David Beckham collection Polo shirt for $4 from H&M in the Sarasota UTC mall. Was wearing it today but sadly no one mistook me for Becks so it doesn't work

Old 1 Sep 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
croy1985
Trainee Dibber

The Lindt shop always makes it worthwhile!
croy1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
As others have said the outlets that mainly attract visitors are not as cheap as they used to be.

The exchange rate doesn't help of course, but if you can get to the outlet malls the locals use the prices can still be very good. The trouble is without a car you could use up your savings in taxi or uber costs.

My best bargain on our last trip was a David Beckham collection Polo shirt for $4 from H&M in the Sarasota UTC mall. Was wearing it today but sadly no one mistook me for Becks so it doesn't work

draw some clouds on your arms
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

There was a post on here last night with a link to Mears' transport who were providing free transport to the Premium outlets, you just needed to book it. We are staying at Cabana Bay and there are lots of other hotels that they offered pick ups from them too.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Agreed that the prices are not as good as they were but I enjoy a walk around the outlets on every trip. My husband doesn't shop at home at all but he likes to buy stuff when we are out there and I go along too. Just to keep him company you know.😜
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went to yesterday and today, to both the vinelands premium one and the Orlando premium one and got some good bargains in Ralph Lauren with 40-60% off in both the kids and adults shops, I love Kate Spade New York bags, got 60% off plus a further 20% off, so I got a bag and a purse for $108! And in watch station I got a kate spade watch and hubby got an Armani one, they were $99 in the sale with a further 25% off so we got 2 watches for $150. Hubby got a hoodie and a gillet from north face for $80 inc tax. There are some good deals but I guess it depends what you're wanting to buy!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

We went to lbv outlets today, got a Guess leather jacket for $40 and 2 pairs of really nice Reebok pump trainers for the kids for $20 each (50% off then another 15% with the eat and play card).
Thecornflake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread