Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

It would be fun if you could answer the following questions - I'll start:

- What was your first ever Disney park? Don't recall first ever park but visited with my two mates in 1995

- How old were you? 22

- Who was with you? Two mates the same age.

- What was your very first attraction? dunno but most memorable was not the attractions per say but the amount of cast members for photos and scenes everywhere the parade was great as well just the overall feel of the place.

- Initial impression at the end of the first day? Blown away! At the time there was no Internet, so we had no idea about anything. I remember going on Pirates for the first time and my jaw dropping when we got into the battle scene. I had never seen anything like it!

lol same as you I have more memories of Universal though. BTTF and Jaws being my favourites. I did like Indy Jones was that MGM or Universal? I forget

Old 28 Mar 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

What was your first ever Disney park?

Epcot 2015

- How old were you?

- Who was with you?

DH
DD 8
DD5

- What was your very first attraction?

Nemo

- Initial impression at the end of the first day?

Excited, amazed but worried about Quick service dining plan as we'd had a disaster in German Pavilion.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

What was your first ever Disney park? Magic Kingdom in 1997

- How old were you? 37

- Who was with you? DH 39 DD's 6 and 8

- What was your very first attraction? Can't remember

- Initial impression at the end of the first day? We spend the whole day at MK from rope drop to closing. DD's spend all day collecting autographs and getting photographs with all the characters.
Nothing will beat our first visit.

Old 28 Mar 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

- What was your first ever Disney park? Disneyland California, I think 1979

- How old were you? 4

- Who was with you? My parents

- What was your very first attraction? I was 4 so no idea! But we tended to always go "left" first. I think on that basis it could have been POTC, it's what we generally used to visit first so could have become tradition from the first visit?

- Initial impression at the end of the first day? Probably happy and tired. I fell asleep in the car on many a journey home (we lived up near Burbank way at the time), but we always stayed for the Electric Light Parade (Main Street Electrical Parade or whatever it was called).
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
What was your first ever Disney park? Disneyland Paris 2004

How old were you? 32

Who was with you? OH, DD 6 and Dd2

What was your very first attraction? Peter Pan’s Flight

Initial impression at the end of the first day? An amazing but tiring day. Youngest was not impressed with the fireworks We stayed at Sequoia Lodge and really loved it.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?

Edited at 11:01 PM.
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
It would be fun if you could answer the following questions - I'll start:

- What was your first ever Disney park? Don't recall first ever park but visited with my two mates in 1995

- How old were you? 22

- Who was with you? Two mates the same age.

- What was your very first attraction? dunno but most memorable was not the attractions per say but the amount of cast members for photos and scenes everywhere the parade was great as well just the overall feel of the place.

- Initial impression at the end of the first day? Blown away! At the time there was no Internet, so we had no idea about anything. I remember going on Pirates for the first time and my jaw dropping when we got into the battle scene. I had never seen anything like it!

lol same as you I have more memories of Universal though. BTTF and Jaws being my favourites. I did like Indy Jones was that MGM or Universal? I forget
Indy was and still is at MGM/Hollywood Studios!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

- What was your first ever Disney park? MGM studios

- How old were you? 27

- Who was with you? 20 travel agents ... we had a week in North and Central Florida with Delta

- What was your very first attraction? Most of the group did the Backstage tour but as it was over a 2 hour wait (the park had only opened 13 days earlier ) we opted for The Great Movie Ride , then Star Tours . Muppets , bit of shopping and an encounter with the gossip newspaper ladies and we decided to head for EPCOT (Disney had given us the one day to do both parks) at which point we bumped into the rest of the group who had just finished the backstage tour so we felt we’d made the right call.

- Initial impression at the end of the first day? Loved it ! I was back again within 6 months !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List