Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 Mar 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This is a ridiculous rule, hate this and strangely enough it sort of puts me off booking. You are in 30 degrees and cannot wear smart tailored shorts. Seems to be a European thing, with most of these hotels being European chains. I have to go back to the room after and change into shorts.
Old 2 Mar 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This is a ridiculous rule, hate this and strangely enough it sort of puts me off booking. You are in 30 degrees and cannot wear smart tailored shorts. Seems to be a European thing, with most of these hotels being European chains. I have to go back to the room after and change into shorts.
Agree 100% smart shorts are fine, in tropical countries being 'forced' to wear long trousers is insane

fwiw we went to lanzarote in december & hotel rule was no shorts but wasnt enforced
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed Antigua a few years ago and DH wore long trousers but had leather smart open toe shoes on. The restaurant wouldn’t let him in as his feet were showing. So he went back to the room and put carrier bags over his feet. The restaurant manager laughed, shrugged his shoulders and let us in. It was done on principle as the dress code was enforced for men but the women could wear what they wanted. On the same evening a lady (I use the word lightly) was wearing tracksuit bottoms and crocs
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
We stayed Antigua a few years ago and DH wore long trousers but had leather smart open toe shoes on. The restaurant wouldn’t let him in as his feet were showing. So he went back to the room and put carrier bags over his feet. The restaurant manager laughed, shrugged his shoulders and let us in. It was done on principle as the dress code was enforced for men but the women could wear what they wanted. On the same evening a lady (I use the word lightly) was wearing tracksuit bottoms and crocs
hardly ticking the equality box...

OP take a skirt for men to wear
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

My husband just packs a pair of chino trousers (so light weight) and can be worn with polo shirts/ short sleeved shirts
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
I stress it’s crazy and very sexist.