Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Flojo224 View Post
We too have the same policy and on reading this I came to the conclusion that we are covered.

What is covered (page 16)
We will cover you for your:
– unused deposits;
– accommodation and travel costs (including car hire, excursions and activities); and
– unused kennel, cattery, professional pet sitter or car parking charges
that you have paid or legally have to pay if you unavoidably need to cancel your trip for one of the following reasons:

- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office advising against “All Travel” or “All but essential travel” to your intended destination, providing the advice came into force after you opened your Platinum account or booked your trip (whichever was the later) and was in the 28 days before your departure on your trip.

The most we will pay for each insured person is £5,000.

Also need to be aware of these exclusions:
- Anticipated event – any event or occurrence which you or your immediate family knew would occur or could reasonably have expected to occur during your trip and which you or your immediate family were aware of at the time you became an insured person or the date when you booked your trip, whichever is later.

- any claim resulting from you not wanting to travel or not enjoying your trip;

Under Curtailment (cutting short your trip if you are already there) - again, cover is provided if the FCO declare as above.

Medical Cover - two parts to this one
If you are already on holiday and fall ill then you would be fully covered under the policy.
If you are already on holiday and the FCO then advises against travel etc., you must follow the advice given and I think they would expect you to leave the country (cover under curtailment), however, if you fall ill before you leave, then you would still be covered.

Finally, there is a general exclusion under the policy:
Travelling to a country or area where the Travel Advice Unit of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) has advised against all travel before you departed on your trip.

So basically, if the FCO say not to travel and you still do, then no you wouldn't be covered.

However, it is worth noting that if your holiday is some time away the policy will not pick up the cover now, you will have to wait until nearer the time as the FCO advice may be lifted

Hope this helps

I agree, I have the same policy and read that I am covered if the FCO advise that we are unable to fly. We would NOT be covered if we went against that advice and flew anyway.
I have read and re-read the T&C's several times just to be sure.

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by molly48 View Post
I have this with my bank also had to pay extra for some pre existing conditions. Rang them today to ask about cover for Coronavirus and they said i am not covered and they don’t let you add as an extra. Is their anyone I can buy it from on its own. Have already paid a lot for pre existing already. We don’t go to September.
I think its unlikely to find anywhere that will currently allow you to add cover for coronavirus

If your policy was in place before things changed and all the restrictions were put in place then you should have been covered. .
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
If your policy was in place before things changed and all the restrictions were put in place then you should have been covered. .
Exactly this ^^. Our insurance taken out in January for this April covers all things coronovirus as it includes travel disruption. Any new polices won't cover coronovirus at the moment. Have a good read of your policy document.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m wondering what happens with renewing annual cover (had to pay extra for pre existing)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’m wondering what happens with renewing annual cover (had to pay extra for pre existing)
When I've had my renewals for medical issues - i have to pay the upgrade fee its always been sent as a new policy so I would assume it would no longer cover anything for coronavirus.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I have this policy, need to ring tomorrow.
My holiday has cost £6,000 for flights, hotel ( 1 night) and car hire, plus £1,800 for villa.

Will i only get £5,000 back.
4 of us travelling.. 3 being my 3 teenagers, or do they break it down pp?

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by madhatter3 View Post
I have this policy, need to ring tomorrow.
My holiday has cost £6,000 for flights, hotel ( 1 night) and car hire, plus £1,800 for villa.

Will i only get £5,000 back.
4 of us travelling.. 3 being my 3 teenagers, or do they break it down pp?
The amount covered is per person.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List