Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Advice please Dibbers should I pay balance to Disney

Dibbers, can you advise.

I have paid for 5 flights in full with BA, 3 nights hotel in clearwater in full.

I've paid 1/3rd of WDW, free dining package upgrade, 2 hotel rooms at POFQ for 10 nights, beginning 11th August 2020.

Should I pay the balance on WDW or not?

I'm asking now because I'd be putting away money every month towards the balance in June, but I don't want to throw more money away if I won't get it back.

I do have travel insurance, yearly renewed in January, but I booked everything separately, so not sure where I stand a it's not a package.

If i don't pay WDW balance, I'll lose about £2.5k but don't want to pay the balance if I'll lose the lot?

Hope that makes sense, I'd really appreciate any advice on offer.

BTW, hoping everyone is staying safe and bearing up

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

If the balance isnt due until June then I wouldn't be worrying about that decision just yet/ Unless I have misunderstood?
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Same position we have paid 4k nearly in flights for August and disney balance is June I think which is about another 4k I think. I don't want to lose everything Im not sure I would feel safe to go August even if it was a posibility x
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We go month after (Sept) & as of now we are going but at this stage who knows, too many variables that I have no control over IYKWIM Personally I wouldn't worry about it until closer to decision day
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

So I think pay WDW their balance on due date. Because I believe Disney will make the best effort to either reimburse or reschedule. I would trust Disney more than I would trust travel agents and/or DVC renting.
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I'm sure it's been posted on another thread that if you booked direct with Disney you can cancel up to 8 days before and receive a refund less deposit

We are due to pay balance June for a stay starting 9th August.

Edited at 03:46 PM.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

The situation is literally changing daily. I wouldn’t be considering this seriously until the end of May. You’ll know then.
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
We go month after (Sept) & as of now we are going but at this stage who knows, too many variables that I have no control over IYKWIM Personally I wouldn't worry about it until closer to decision day
SD
I'm the same, due to go in September and will look at it a week before the balance is due in July. I have a standing order set up to transfer a set amount from my current account to a holiday account a couple of days after every pay day and I'm just letting it carry on.

Edited at 06:13 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
If the balance isnt due until June then I wouldn't be worrying about that decision just yet/ Unless I have misunderstood?
Hi, I feel a little relieved that we have until June to pay the balance, but I'd have to be putting that money away safely now, a big chunk every month, and as everyone else around the country, things are tighter than usual. Not as much work, minimal hours etc.

I suppose the sensible thing to do would be put the money away anyway, but with the way things are at the moment, money being tighter, it feel like I'm saving for a holiday that won't happen

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

I was due to pay our balance last week for May 21st, I really didnt think it would be open and didnt want to part with all my money at this time.Disney said anyone with holidays to end of May could cancel and receive their deposit back, So I sent them an e mail and canceled the holiday. They are refunding my deposit within 7 days . Will have to wait for airfares refund until they cancel our flights. But just glad it is all sorted now.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List