Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Feb 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Isabel and your family would be so deserving of a place. How is she? X 💕
She’s been ok, thanks. We were disappointed to learn a tumour in her spleen had grown this week but all other are stable So swings and roundabouts. Sadly the receding tumour in her mouth/jaw has really made it difficult to eat and this week she dropped below 6 stone so we are meeting with her maxillofacial professor on Monday to discuss having a feeding tube put in her tummy so we can supplement her nutrition. It’s sad to have got to this stage but once it’s done, hopefully she’ll have more energy.

The treatment has made ALL her hair grow through Snow white It’s taken us ages to find a hairdresser who was willing to have a go at colouring it for her. A few told her to go back 3 months after she’d finished her chemo, despite her telling them she was on targeted therapy forever. She had it done today and says she’s feels like a princess tonight

She’s actually just downloaded the poster and registered our house Just watching that part of the programme had all 3 of us with (happy) tears in our eyes because we are so lucky to have made so many special memories there. Xx
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
She’s been ok, thanks. We were disappointed to learn a tumour in her spleen had grown this week but all other are stable So swings and roundabouts. Sadly the receding tumour in her mouth/jaw has really made it difficult to eat and this week she dropped below 6 stone so we are meeting with her maxillofacial professor on Monday to discuss having a feeding tube put in her tummy so we can supplement her nutrition. It’s sad to have got to this stage but once it’s done, hopefully she’ll have more energy.

The treatment has made ALL her hair grow through Snow white It’s taken us ages to find a hairdresser who was willing to have a go at colouring it for her. A few told her to go back 3 months after she’d finished her chemo, despite her telling them she was on targeted therapy forever. She had it done today and says she’s feels like a princess tonight

She’s actually just downloaded the poster and registered our house Just watching that part of the programme had all 3 of us with (happy) tears in our eyes because we are so lucky to have made so many special memories there. Xx
Isabel looks beautiful! 👸🏼 your family would definitely deserve a place on the plane. 😍

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Sorry to hear about the tumour in her spleen and her weight loss. I hope things improve with a feeding tube. Glad you found someone to do Isabel's hair, it looks lovely. Xx
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
So is Isabel. 😕

I’d be so tempted to apply but I Haven’t got the heart to tell her it’d be over £3,000 just for travel insurance for her. I’m crying thinking we’ll never go back to our happy place again as a family. 💔
If anyone deserves a place on the plane, your family does, I hope someone nominates you

Sorry to hear she's not had a good week x Her hair looks lovely, she looks stunning
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

[QUOTE=Ninja;14300387]If anyone deserves a place on the plane, your family does, I hope someone nominates you

I'm sure many dibbers would donate towards travel insurance if there was a chance Isabel could have a place on the plane. X
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

[QUOTE=Orlando 2004;14300403]
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
If anyone deserves a place on the plane, your family does, I hope someone nominates you

I'm sure many dibbers would donate towards travel insurance if there was a chance Isabel could have a place on the plane. X
Definitely!

Not sure how you apply but you definitely should?!
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=Orlando 2004;14300403]
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

What a truly amazing sentiment. To be honest the reason I knew the price of the insurance was because we’d been pricing to see if we could maybe book something at Easter - which we could afford, but Isabel’s insurance was almost the same costs as the holiday so it was paying for both making it challenging.

Our poster is up! We’ll worry about the insurance if 2 Geordies come knocking 😉
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm so sorry to hear this week hasn't been good. You are all incredibly strong! Isabel's hair looks amazing.
I echo what others have said about her deserving a place on that plane, I really hope someone nominates her

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

I the Dibb. It’s my (2nd) happy place.
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

So is Isabel. 😕

I’d be so tempted to apply but I Haven’t got the heart to tell her it’d be over £3,000 just for travel insurance for her. I’m crying thinking we’ll never go back to our happy place again as a family. 💔
I so hope you get a place on the plane. All your dibb family would be behind you and am sure would help with the insurance. I definitely would! Isabella’s hair looks lovely.