Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Mar 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We went at Christmas to the Hideaway at the Royalton Riviera Cancun and the rule on trousers was enforced at most of the restaurants although I think some men wore shorts in the general buffett - not the Hideaway. I went mad one evening when a Canadian man came to the table next to us and promptly undid his very tight shirt and left his hairy chest and very large stomach hanging out. He did have long trousers on though.
paw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Personally I don’t get it and think it’s quite sexist that women can wear casual shorts and sandals whilst men have to wear full length trousers and proper shoes. Bizarre.

From the Website

Opening Times: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm.
Dress Code: Casual Elegant (long pants, closed shoes and shirt with sleeves required for gentleman, casual shorts and sandals are acceptable for ladies.)

Edited at 04:19 PM. Reason: Extra
Myakka17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went to a lovely 5* hotel in Kos and they stayed long trousers and it was adhered to strictly apart from children. Some men changed into shorts after dinner but my husband never bothered as it saved his legs from being bitten up my mosquitos!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
We went to Gran Bahia Principe Tulum and there was 1 restaurant that wouldn't let us in because my 10 year old was in smart dress shorts. I'd take a pair of trousers just in case.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

At the Bahia Principe resort, each hotel has one gourmet restaurant that is long trousers and closed shoes only. The other a la cartes are less strict and allow dress shorts.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

My DH quite enjoys dressing smartly in long trousers for an evening meal in a nice hotel. I like to dress in my ‘nice’ dresses too. Although if it’s very hot, he will sometimes wear smart shorts if it’s allowed instead of trousers.

We are going to Mexico in October and the hotel states long trousers but Tripadviser reports says that it’s not enforced in the buffets or many of the a la cartes, but is expected in the Japanese restaurant. My DH will still dress smartly each evening though
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
My DH quite enjoys dressing smartly in long trousers for an evening meal in a nice hotel. I like to dress in my ‘nice’ dresses too. Although if it’s very hot, he will sometimes wear smart shorts if it’s allowed instead of trousers.

We are going to Mexico in October and the hotel states long trousers but Tripadviser reports says that it’s not enforced in the buffets or many of the a la cartes, but is expected in the Japanese restaurant. My DH will still dress smartly each evening though
I agree but we’re talking about a 17/18 year old who lives year round in the Uk in shorts except fir school trousers. He’s not going to be happy!
I’ve emailed the hotel but seriously wondering if this is the right location for us, this could be a game changer, we’d been told they weren’t strict which is why we booked.
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I agree but we’re talking about a 17/18 year old who lives year round in the Uk in shorts except fir school trousers. He’s not going to be happy!
I’ve emailed the hotel but seriously wondering if this is the right location for us, this could be a game changer, we’d been told they weren’t strict which is why we booked.
The hotel we are staying at doesn’t seem to strictly enforce the rules. I’ve found that a lot of hotels who request long trousers don’t actually turn away their guests for not wearing trousers. I’m sure if you email they can put your mind at rest. I particularly think as your son is a teenager they won’t be so strict.

I haven’t noticed if you’ve mentioned the name of the hotel? Maybe someone has stayed there and would know if the rules are adhered to. We are staying at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort at Riviera Maya and as I said, although it says long trousers reports suggest this is only enforced at the one a la carte.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree checking out tripadvisor to see if others mention if the dress code is enforced. Like the hotel we're going to in Spain in the spring, all the reviews mention that the long trousers for men rule is strictly enforced and other guests have been turned away. We don't mind that, but it's good to know.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The hotel we are staying at doesn’t seem to strictly enforce the rules. I’ve found that a lot of hotels who request long trousers don’t actually turn away their guests for not wearing trousers. I’m sure if you email they can put your mind at rest. I particularly think as your son is a teenager they won’t be so strict.

I haven’t noticed if you’ve mentioned the name of the hotel? Maybe someone has stayed there and would know if the rules are adhered to. We are staying at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort at Riviera Maya and as I said, although it says long trousers reports suggest this is only enforced at the one a la carte.
We’re staying at the Grand Riviera Princess. Nr Playa Carmen