Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Mar 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

Nat west platinum insurance

I have this with my bank also had to pay extra for some pre existing conditions. Rang them today to ask about cover for Coronavirus and they said i am not covered and they don’t let you add as an extra. Is their anyone I can buy it from on its own. Have already paid a lot for pre existing already. We don’t go to September.

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by molly48 View Post
I have this with my bank also had to pay extra for some pre existing conditions. Rang them today to ask about cover for Coronavirus and they said i am not covered and they don’t let you add as an extra. Is their anyone I can buy it from on its own. Have already paid a lot for pre existing already. We don’t go to September.
Did they confirm on what grounds/basis you're not covered? as it's a pretty high level question to be fair... I'd be asking for specifics of what is/isn't in scope. I'd also be wanting to know what cover is/isn't in place should you travel or experience issues whilst there. It's all down to specific circumstances, rather than "am I covered for Coronavirus.." as that depends on the scenario.

Their T&Cs mention they don't cover if you travel against advice, but this implies you are covered if you don't travel.

We will not cover any claim resulting from:
• you travelling to a country or area where the Travel Advice Unit of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) has advised against all travel before you departed on your trip.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

We have the same Natwest platinum insurance and spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and only weren't covered if we fly against FCO advice or cancel through own choice.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following as we have this policy too... not contacted them as of yet
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Following as have this also.
Old 13 Mar 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry, don't understand. i have read through the above named policy as i have the same policy. It covers all costs if the government advises no travel to that destination. it also covers the destination being classified as a disaster area and the definition in the policy of disaster includes medical epidemic or pandemic. So my understanding from the policy is that the only reason that cover wouldn't be in place is if government said you could travel to Usa and usa said they would have you.

Edited at 12:41 AM.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by molly48 View Post
If you go onto the membership services website there is a banner with information on this. According to the information you are covered as long as FCO have announced no travel to your destination, also covered if you become ill while away. It is better if you read it as I cannot list all that it says as there are a few headings, as in 'what if' type.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have this and they assured me we are covered, as long as we dont go against fco advice
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Firstly, my thoughts are with those who are out there now, or due to go in the next few weeks and whose plans are going to be massively affected by the parks being closed.

I think the key phrase here is the:-

you travelling to a country or area where the Travel Advice Unit of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) has advised against all travel before you departed on your trip.
If there is no restrictions in place, then why would you not go?

We are due to go end of June, and have a similar package with Barclays, and at present we would be covered if restrictions were in place, and if not then we are going.

If restrictions are in place then we could potentially lose the flight cost for DD1 and DD2 (as they are both over 23), unless the airline gives us the option to rebook.

The other worry would be if no restrictions were in place but the parks were still closed, which whilst this is unlikely, it is possible. In this case we would have to see what the parks would offer, or look at our cancellation options. Given how much there is to do Florida, this would not be the end of the world (or holiday even ) for us, but I understand for many it would be a deal changer.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We too have the same policy and on reading this I came to the conclusion that we are covered.

What is covered (page 16)
We will cover you for your:
– unused deposits;
– accommodation and travel costs (including car hire, excursions and activities); and
– unused kennel, cattery, professional pet sitter or car parking charges
that you have paid or legally have to pay if you unavoidably need to cancel your trip for one of the following reasons:

- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office advising against “All Travel” or “All but essential travel” to your intended destination, providing the advice came into force after you opened your Platinum account or booked your trip (whichever was the later) and was in the 28 days before your departure on your trip.

The most we will pay for each insured person is £5,000.

Also need to be aware of these exclusions:
- Anticipated event – any event or occurrence which you or your immediate family knew would occur or could reasonably have expected to occur during your trip and which you or your immediate family were aware of at the time you became an insured person or the date when you booked your trip, whichever is later.

- any claim resulting from you not wanting to travel or not enjoying your trip;

Under Curtailment (cutting short your trip if you are already there) - again, cover is provided if the FCO declare as above.

Medical Cover - two parts to this one
If you are already on holiday and fall ill then you would be fully covered under the policy.
If you are already on holiday and the FCO then advises against travel etc., you must follow the advice given and I think they would expect you to leave the country (cover under curtailment), however, if you fall ill before you leave, then you would still be covered.

Finally, there is a general exclusion under the policy:
Travelling to a country or area where the Travel Advice Unit of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) has advised against all travel before you departed on your trip.

So basically, if the FCO say not to travel and you still do, then no you wouldn't be covered.

However, it is worth noting that if your holiday is some time away the policy will not pick up the cover now, you will have to wait until nearer the time as the FCO advice may be lifted

Hope this helps

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween

Edited at 02:03 PM.
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List