Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Mar 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Philip
Looking for my Ears

Exclamation Please check your booking daily. Virgin may not contact you with new flight details.

Hi everyone. Long time lurker but I just registered in case my experiences could help anyone.

After waiting patiently for a week for Virgin to contact us, this morning I decided to take a look at the Virgin web site to see if there was any more information available re. cancelled flights. You can imagine my horror when I saw we were booked on a flight yesterday! They had our phone numbers and email addresses but had totally failed to make any contact to let us know about the flight.

Panic ensued.

My wife spent over 4 hours in total on the phone to Virgin. Twice she was cut off after waiting an hour before she finally got through to someone after a 2 hour wait. We also had our daughter in the UK trying to get through to them. Eventually, after much persuasion, they got us on a flight home tomorrow. We came out on a direct flight from Gatwick in premium but have to go back via Atlanta in economy to Heathrow and it looks like the buses to Gatwick are not running but we will worry about all that later.

If you are still in Florida and waiting for a flight home, please, please check your booking on the web site daily because there is no guarantee Virgin will contact you if they make changes.

Edited at 08:08 PM.
Philip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Government announced all UK residents must come home immediately- moved from advice to direction . I guess more will be announced at the address to the Nation thus evening
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Government announced all UK residents must come home immediately- moved from advice to direction . I guess more will be announced at the address to the Nation thus evening
I heard that too MF. Scary stuff!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KermitThefrog
Excited about Disney

How many people received Virgin transport from London to Manchester airport (when they had originally booked back to Manchester? They are saying have to make own way, but it seems like they are putting on coaches for others.
KermitThefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

We were due to fly MCO to Manchester on Saturday 28th. Had email in middle of the night telling us we are still leaving on 28th, but flying MCO to JFK and JFK to Heathrow. We are happy with that in the circumstances.
I texted Virgin Flying Club this morning and they said there would either be a transfer to Manchester or they would reimburse our travelling expenses. That doesn’t sound too hopeful.
My daughter (who doesn’t live with us) has offered to pick us up from Heathrow and drive us home to Tamworth. Then we can borrow her car to collect our car from Manchester. I hope this is something she is allowed to do.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List