Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 20, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleagle
A Guest at All-Stars

If they offer a full refund take it. Who knows if they will still be around to honour any holidays.
Fleagle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

If you re-book for a later date it may affect you insurance coverage for future cancellation
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Also section 9 on virgins terms and conditions online

9.2. You can cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your package, or the carriage of passengers to your destination, is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. In such circumstances, we will arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. We will observe advice provided by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

I’m going to get a full refund if they can’t fly me in mid May
Thanks for this - they are offering to modify dates etc but not helpful in terms of refunds 😬
Old 19 Mar 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Thanks for this - they are offering to modify dates etc but not helpful in terms of refunds 😬
I have my ammo ready as it looks like I’ll need it with them
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Also section 9 on virgins terms and conditions online

9.2. You can cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your package, or the carriage of passengers to your destination, is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. In such circumstances, we will arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. We will observe advice provided by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

I’m going to get a full refund if they can’t fly me in mid May
Us too , as we are due to fly May 7th ... will fight for it if we have to ... once we know it’s definitely a no go will be trying every way possible to contact them and get it sorted
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We were due to travel to Cyprus with TUI on 29th. They cancelled all Cyprus up to and including the 28th. My wife kept saying she didn't want to go and we should cancel. I pointed out if we cancel we lose the money anyway and assuming we're allowed we don't have to go, we can decide the day before. Eventually TUI updated to cancel us and posted a message about contacting everyone to "offer alternative holidays". I called them and got through fairly quickly, given the circumstance. I was ready for them to try it on but the first thing they offered was a refund. This was on Monday and I'm waiting for it to go through, but at least they didn't play any games like other travel operator appear to be doing.

I can't say I'm impressed with what I'm reading about Virgin. We were in disney when Dorian was due in. I'd booked through Disney and just got on with things as normal and had a an email from Disney saying any issues they would deal with. On the way back I spoke to a few people who booked with Virgin and they had spent days being messed around with alternative flights etc.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
AS the op said, they're only offering people who are due to travel during the FCO travel ban the option of rebooking (and not being covered by your insurance if the new date is impacted by Coronavirus) or they will keep your money so you can rebook at a later date (assuming they don't go out of business).
No they aren’t, we were outside the travel ban dates, we were able to rebook for September, I have to say they were very accommodating and professional with me when I called x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
No they aren’t, we were outside the travel ban dates, we were able to rebook for September, I have to say they were very accommodating and professional with me when I called x
Sorry, I didn’t mean they aren’t offering people travelling after the 16th April the same rebooking options, I meant they aren’t offering people who’s holidays are definitely cancelled a refund. My insurance has said I won’t be covered if I rebook the holiday for a later date. Per VHs T&Cs if FCO advise against travel you should be entitled to a refund.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My insurance have said that if Virgin offer a different holiday or a voucher they are not responsible for costs as they consider that as a reimbursement. So if Virgin don’t refund, I can’t get my money back from insurance
sbchannel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
My insurance have said that if Virgin offer a different holiday or a voucher they are not responsible for costs as they consider that as a reimbursement. So if Virgin don’t refund, I can’t get my money back from insurance
Who are your insurers?
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List