Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
i think the people waiting to pay balances are in a worse state because if they don't pay the balance then they'll lose the deposit but if they pay the balance then they could lose it all
This is my position. I’ve paid £500 low deposit for Turkey in June with Tui, booked through Hays.

I have a week to decide whether to pay my £5500 balance, or cancel and lose £800 (£500 paid plus £300 to take it to full deposit amt of £800)

If I pay the balance, and Tui cancel nearer the time I am worried they will only offer a voucher and not a refund as jet2 have started this. I don’t want them keeping my £6000 and me being stuck with a voucher.

Just don’t know what to do. I don’t want to lose £800 (especially as I’ve just been put on 0 hours so have no salary) but don’t want to lose £6k either.

That’s before I worry about Tui going bust altogether.

No idea what to do.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
This is my position. I’ve paid £500 low deposit for Turkey in June with Tui, booked through Hays.

I have a week to decide whether to pay my £5500 balance, or cancel and lose £800 (£500 paid plus £300 to take it to full deposit amt of £800)

If I pay the balance, and Tui cancel nearer the time I am worried they will only offer a voucher and not a refund as jet2 have started this. I don’t want them keeping my £6000 and me being stuck with a voucher.

Just don’t know what to do. I don’t want to lose £800 (especially as I’ve just been put on 0 hours so have no salary) but don’t want to lose £6k either.

No idea what to do.
This is terrible, a terrible choice for you. I dont seek to advise you but if it was me I would cut losses and not pay over any more of my hard earned money.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Reading all post with interest, I was booked to go to Dubai on Wed 18th March with Emirates Holidays . Tried phoning them on Sunday 15th March to reschedule holiday couldn’t get through , managed to get through Monday morning all they could offer was to change flights for free but would have to pay for Hotel again which was the most expensive bit of the holiday , didn’t take that offer up ,left the holiday as it was hoping FCO would announce no travel which they did , Tuesday got a email from Emirates Holidays saying they were cancelling our holiday and to claim on Travel Insurance which I have done so hopefully will get the money back as it wasn’t cheap going for 12 nights H/B . Wish I had booked with BA now as seems they refund .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2

No idea what to do.
Just an update. I cancelled my holiday and the Hays branch emailed the commercial team to see there was if anything they could do about the £800 loss. They came back and instead of charging me the £300 additional deposit required, they agreed to REFUND me £300 meaning I only lost £200 in total.

Not sure if it’s Tui or Hays to thank but I’m very relieved

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Just an update. I cancelled my holiday and the Hays branch emailed the commercial team to see there was if anything they could do about the £800 loss. They came back and instead of charging me the £300 additional deposit required, they agreed to REFUND me £300 meaning I only lost £200 in total.

Not sure if it’s Tui or Hays to thank but I’m very relieved
Excellent good service. I know it cost you £200 but I still its good service.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
Nope. Just had call from them, due to fly Wednesday. They are refusing a refund because it’s not their fault it’s been cancelled. Tried every which way but was told that’s why I have travel insurance! Flaming
Just an update. After reading on another thread VH had started refunding holidays I tried again and they agreed. They cited a ‘policy change’ but I think higher powers came down on them like a ton of bricks for flouting their own T&Cs. They can’t confirm when but said I’ll get all monies refunded. Such a relief.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List