Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Pay balance and hope For August holiday or postpone.

So we’ve spent about £1000 already on deposits. £150 villa, £100 ATD for universal tickets and rest My Magic Holiday (flights, 21 day Disney tickets, car, five nights on site with ddp) £7000+ balance is due 30th April. Do we pay it and stress/hope/cross fingers we go on 6th August (3wks) or postpone to next year. I can’t postpone to later this year because I’m a teacher and needs to be August as it’s the longest break. It’s a lot of money to pay out with so much uncertainty and the fact my husband is on enforced shut down due to CV so has lost shift pay. We may end up having to find another villa. We can’t afford to lose the money we’ve paid. So will have to stick with MMH who do seem to have good customer service.

Children do not know we have booked it- we had planned our reveal for Easter. Cancelled it now though.

What would you do? A holiday is something to look forward to but I just can’t see it happening. If it gets cancelled at last minute my asd children will not cope.
Anxiety is do high. Am I stressing over nothing? I’m currently home ill so feeling a bit doom and gloom and fed up anyway.
Thanks

Edited at 08:27 AM.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going to cancel our August holiday. Have paid £600 deposit and bought Disney tickets from ATD that we should get 80% back. I just don’t feel like everything will be back to normal enough by then to risk it.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We go August too but I don't think we will end up going. We have paid In full for flights nearly 4000 I just wish I could cancel get my money back. Suppose we just have to wait.
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

We are having the same conversations daily at the moment even if some miracle happens and it all turns out we can go, I feel like we will still have so many things to worry about. I’ve been reading a few threads on here about insurance etc. Someone made the point that insurance companies might query why you paid balance once fco had put ban in place, so we will definitely be having that conversation with our insurance company before we make any decisions. I’m also concerned about the thought of moving the deposit and then further disruptions happening and travel insurance not covering as it was then a known issue. We stand to lose £1,200 + if we just pull the plug which is a lot of money to us... but I’m struggling to justify handing over another £6k with so many uncertainties. Annoyingly we told dd(8) on New Years Day about our trip (so frustrating as last time we only told her a few weeks before!) she’s been very understanding about it and I feel so proud of her, but I don’t think she realises that it could be quite a while before we are able to go. Sorry for the long post... I just empathise massively with you. Our Balance is due mid May so we are sitting it out for a while longer, but for us it is doubtful we’ll be paying our balance. I’m sorry to hear you’re not well, that definitely won’t be helping your emotions be kind to yourself. You still have time before your balance is due so maybe try to step away from it all for a few weeks and then look again? That’s what I’m trying to do but failing miserably with at the moment

Edited at 08:48 AM.
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We're due to 8th Aug. We've booked DIY and have paid up front about £1k to VH for 3 hotels and another £600 for car hire. I think the car hire is fully cancellable. We have virgin reward flights that can be cancelled for £180 and miles returned. Internal Delta flight £500, don't know if we would get any refund. Just a £150 deposit for Disney direct but due to pay another £3.5k in June and the rest of Kennedy tickets.
Apparently Disney can be cancelled up to 8 days beforehand with just loss of deposit.
I'm undecided but I think the shine has gone so I'm checking options and travel insurance. DH says it's money we've already paid out so it's a sunk cost.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're due to travel 21st Aug.
I was optimistic as first but it now looks unlikely we'll be able to go.
We've booked through Disney, 16 nights on site and balance due 11th June. Balance is £11,000. No idea what to do. I don't want to pay that amount of money if things are still so unclear. Will just have to watch and wait and see how things unfold.
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We are due to go 6th August. At the moment balances are due early June for the villa, and early July for BA flydrive. We’ve been discussing what to do, and will see nearer the time. I guess if it doesn’t go ahead, the villa money will need to be claimed back from insurance as it was direct with the owner. The flydrive money I’m hoping will be resolved some way by BA. Deposits have been paid on tickets, but think these can be carried over to next year if needed.

We just don’t know enough to make a considered decision at the moment. We’re hoping for the best, but resigned to not going.
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We will soon come to this decision point. We're due to travel on the 17th August. the one big plus point is that there is a few months before balances are due. We can see a lot change before then. I agree that the gloss is very much taken off though, whatever happens.
Old 21 Mar 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

We were due to pay balance of our Poland holiday last Thursday, we had every intention of paying and hoped if cancelled get our money back. We cancelled in so much as we didn’t pay balance because we couldn’t get through to EasyJet holidays and as our friends whom we were going with only bought insurance last week and they didn’t know if they were covered and what kind of holiday would it be if for example borders were opened but restriction of movement and perhaps places not up and running. Too many what ifs for us. Still can’t get through to them so have used a contact form reply within 28 days, we would have gone for a deferred option if we could rebook for same time 2021.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are due to go 12th August. I cancelled cruise but have flights paid in full and villa deposit. At this stage I think I would be happy to cancel and rebook for next year. Even if we have resumed some sort of normality by August I would worry what way the US will be. Not worth the worry and stress. Most important thing now is for everyone to live thru this. Take care everyone xxx
Ciano is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List