Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We are end of Sep. I think it will be business as usual by the end of July!
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Admiral Joe
Proud to wear my Ears

We are booked to fly out on the 30 June and am I confident? No. But am I hopeful, absolutely!

I booked this holiday almost a year ago now and have been looking forward to it ever since then. I will continue looking forward to it until it is literally no longer possible for us to go. As most folk on here will know, there is a hell of a lot of work and planning that goes in to a trip to WDW. I couldn't even begin to tally up the number of hours I have put in to planning and booking this holiday:
  • Booking the resort - 'Free dining release day' sitting in the crazy long queue on the WDW.com, Attraction Tickets Direct website continually crashing. Sitting in a queue on the phone to Walt Disney Travel company for over 2 hours. All while availability was disappearing before our eyes. That was a stressful day!
  • Checking flight prices - checking various direct and indirect configurations to see which would be the cheapest, then sitting it out for the prices to drop to their lowest (which I was successful in as the prices haven't been as low as what I got them for)
  • Working out where in the world we would be each day so that we would then get and idea of what ADRs we wanted
  • Booking ADRs (for a period that covered the 4th July week), managed to snag Cali Grill brunch that I have soooo been looking forward to.
  • Plan of attack for each park with a view to which fastpasses to book.
  • Trying to get a handle on the RoTR boarding groups process and how to best make it work for us (everyone in the party trying, some on park wifi, some on mobile data).

The above list doesn't include other things such as sorting out car hire, Universal hotel & tickets and also booking flights and accommodation for the week in Mexico we have planned for after WDW. I'd rather not have to go through all that again if I don't have to.

So, for as long as there is still the slightest glimmer of getting to go I will cling to that. Attraction Tickets Direct have offered full refunds on cancellations for any bookings with arrival dates of up to 30 June so I will be paying off the outstanding balance in May, safe in the knowledge that it would get refunded, and keeping my fingers crossed.

I think by the middle of June if there are no firm dates for parks re-opening or flights into the USA still being grounded then I may admit defeat but until then it is business as usual and (with a bit more planning to do) I will be ready and good to go on 1 May to book my fastpasses.

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Admiral Joe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m mid August and still hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

It’s still 4.5 months away and a lot can still happen during that time.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We’re due to go in August for three weeks (one week at Universal and two at Disney) but as time goes on I don’t think it will happen although there is always a glimmer of hope. I have only paid a deposit up until now with the remaining balance due to be paid in May. I will wait until May but I do not want to lose the whole amount so I’ll probably have to move my booking to next year rather than risk losing the whole amount If I pay in May then the holiday gets cancelled (my insurance will have expired and I cannot get a new policy at the mo so I’m not sure what my rights would be). It’s a crazy time isn’t it.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Due to go 6th Sept. If allowed to go I will. I am 80% sure it will be ok by then
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

sept 26th
fingers crossed!

been saving so hard and long for this
Old 25 Mar 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Due to go in August, I think this is the only time I have actually wanted my countdown to slow down!

I wont cancel yet, the industry's have people due to go a lot sooner that they need to help first. If/When the time comes I will hope for a return of money (except deposits). I will be gutted though.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

We are meant to be going on 8th August. I am still holding out hope in my little bubble that I live in. We won't be able to go until August 2023 now, I don't mind the wait and the new Universal park will probably be open then. I just want an end to all of this craziness. It's awful and totally surreal.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

We are due to go in August for 3 weeks of which 5 days was a cruise which we certainly wont be doing whatever the outcome as I just wouldn't feel comfortable. Only paid deposits so far to BA and Disney and RCI.
To be honest I am happy to now plan for 2021 but will wait until June to see where we stand to cancel.
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

We are due to go mid August and I am trying to remain hopeful...but also resigned to the fact that it may not happen. Worst case scenario, we will change it to next year.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List