Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Mar 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
goofysgirl
Excited about Disney

Are you looking at food and resources differently?

I am finding that I am really trying to make food go further, use one onion when I would normally use two, dish up smaller portions, etc.

Also cleaning products. Tearing kitchen roll in half and still using only when I need too. And loo roll - one sheet for a wee, two sheeets for a pxx (joke).

Are you?

Any tips to share?
goofysgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes definitely. Nothing is getting wasted or thrown away. Realise that I don’t need to go to the shops every day.
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Nothing is going to waste, one weekly shop no extras, making it work.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yes, I’m trying to be more economic with food. I’m using only one tin of tomatoes in sauces, I tend to use two. I’ve got some vegetables in the fridge that may have gone to waste previously and I’m going to make soup and I’m using more frozen veg.
I’m also wearing clothes for longer, I’m not going anywhere and they don’t really get dirty so less washing powder.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been guilty of food waste in the past, by letting things go out of date. At the weekend we went through the fridge and made a list of what we had and the expiry date and are making sure we eat things in date order and definitely not letting anything expire.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We have been guilty of food waste in the past, by letting things go out of date. At the weekend we went through the fridge and made a list of what we had and the expiry date and are making sure we eat things in date order and definitely not letting anything expire.
Same here-now eating what needs using rather than what we would ordinarily fancy.
Making salad stuff and veg last longer when usually I'd have popped out to buy fresh.
Found all sorts in the bottom of the freezer that we have used too!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

No we never have wasted things or food. Still trying to get to the shops today have been over to Asda three times today and each time the queue is ridiculous and I have no desire to stand in the cold for over an hour to get 3 items needed to try and appease a very fussy baby who has just turned one and doesn’t want to eat what she ate yesterday which is worrying her parents.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We're pretty good, generally, and waste very, very little - it tends to be the odd fruit or vegetable in the fridge that has gone mouldy or, perhaps, was mouldy when we bought it.

But we are being extra cautious now and absolutely making sure everything gets used or is frozen ahead of time.

We're also "making do" when at other times we'd buy something we felt we needed. As an example we are having pizza tonight and don't have any pineapple in the house (fresh or tinned). Ordinarily I'd walk to our local Tesco Express and buy a can, but today we'll just go without. I'd like pineapple on my pizza, but I certainly don't need it.

I do believe that we'll come out of this a healthier nation...

- More frugal eating
- More exercise due to the plethora of online class options (many of which have always been there, but many were unaware)
- Getting out more. I suspect many are now ensuring they take their "once per day" time outside, when previously they may miss some days.
- Improved air quality due to reduced traffic and air traffic.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Wartime rationing and post war rationing led to the healthiest population this Country has ever had.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I’ve always done menu planning and shopped weekly so only bought what we needed, but we are eating less of the things we shouldn’t be eating like crisps and biscuits.