Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Mar 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not really as there is plenty of food available - just need to go to multiple shops to get it.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I wouldn’t say we ever wasted food. We always made a meal plan and stuck to it so there was very little waste.

But I am trying to make my food stretch now a lot further, we are struggling here with shops being empty and with us both still working it’s difficult to find the best time to go when there will be food on the shelves.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Never wasted much food here but I did have a tendancy to buy without looking in freezer. We are now eating from said freezer, it's a magical mystery tour!
Words have been had over putting cream on a banana which was just a snack!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Wartime rationing and post war rationing led to the healthiest population this Country has ever had.
Indeed Tom. Every single odd bit of veg has gone into a soup here and leftovers frozen

Edited at 05:59 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

On a positive though more garlic being used!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Yes in the fact i'm cutting down on meal sizes, stopping kids from snacking (more so due to training not being on). I've lost 2kg in just over a week- one side effect from having a chest infection but also knowing im on steroids so really watching what im eating. I'm going shopping next week -that will have been 2 weeks since i did my weekly shop and i didn't over buy just trying to manage everything better with social distancing.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I'm being careful with toiletries. I'm checking where they come from and using sparingly. Washing hair every other day and reminding DS how much toothpaste he needs and how much shampoo.
I've sensitive skin so use mum non perfumed roll on. I could only get it from Bodycare anyway so it's gonna be hard seeking it out.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We aren't doing those top up shops like we used to. The ones where you pop in for one item like milk or bread and come out having spent £15-£20

Edited at 10:38 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I Cooked pasta and made too much so have it in the fridge, I would normally have thrown it away. I might sell it on eBay for £1,000
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
We aren't doing those top up shops like we used to. The ones where you pop in for one item like milk or bread and some out having spent £15-£20
Or when you go to tap and they say you are over the limit!