Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear this.

That’s so unlucky for the Crohn’s to advance so quickly, you would normally hope for at least a few years grace with all the medicines to try.

I had a good 20 years on various medications then all of a sudden in January I had a blockage, resulting in emergency surgery, removing 1m of intestine and a ileostomy, fully reversible but I imagine this is a long way away from the 6 months they originally said before this bloody virus

I was so upset at the time, we had to cancel our Feb half term trip then I got an infection had they had to re operate to clean out the infection.

I was in 10 days after the original operation and 4 days with the infection.

I don’t know how bad your daughters condition is but there is of course the chance they can just join things up again and away you go, the surgeon will be hoping for this also because they won’t want her in hospital for long.

Again I’m so sorry and the timing is just plain awful but I am so much better now and so will your daughter be, I no longer have to be careful what I eat, keep close to a toilet or worry about an accident.

If she does end up with a stoma there is so much help and I can let you know the things I have learned to help cope but let’s hope she doesn’t first, but it’s not the end of the world and she will be stronger then ever before.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

So sorry to read this, what a horrible thing for you and your daughter to be going through without this horrible virus, so sorry you cant be with her right now.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Her Dad has crohn's but she hasn't seen him for some years now but shes grown up knowing what it may mean. Shes got a very sensible attitude to it all. They are hoping to just remove the stricture area and join the two but she knows it just might not be possible. I know she feels like her whole life is on hold and has been since she got ill. She just wants to feel better and if that means a stoma shes accepted it. Shes really wants to be able to go to uni in September but that's a way off. X
Old 28 Mar 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Sorry to read your dd needs an op. I hope it is successful and she is back home and recovers asap. X
Old 28 Mar 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thinking of Olivia and hoping her surgery is successful and you get her home quickly x
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Everything crossed for Olivia! I feel so sorry for people with other illnesses at this nightmare time.
I assume you are nowhere near us? My daughter is working on a gastro ward in Birmingham.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jiljo View Post
Everything crossed for Olivia! I feel so sorry for people with other illnesses at this nightmare time.
I assume you are nowhere near us? My daughter is working on a gastro ward in Birmingham.
No Norfolk but thanks for the thought x
Old 28 Mar 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Sending bucket load of good positive thoughts and Pixie Dust to you both.
Not that you can probably tell her at present, but my friend eventually had to have a stoma fitted after years of Crohn's flaring up & bits taken away etc. She said having the stoma changed her life for so much the better. Yes not a nice prospect especially for one so young & she may well need counselling, as you will know, but the possibility of a better way of life will be so much better than what she is suffering now.
Old 28 Mar 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Sending bucket load of good positive thoughts and Pixie Dust to you both.
Not that you can probably tell her at present, but my friend eventually had to have a stoma fitted after years of Crohn's flaring up & bits taken away etc. She said having the stoma changed her life for so much the better. Yes not a nice prospect especially for one so young & she may well need counselling, as you will know, but the possibility of a better way of life will be so much better than what she is suffering now.
She works with a great chap with crohn's hes been telling her that having his stoma literally changed his life for the better. X
Old 28 Mar 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hope all goes well for monday xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List