Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Aug 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I got these in very.co.uk , I posted this pic on another thread!
Omg! I love them
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Skinflint that I am I’ve used a dish drying rack for box lids can’t be doing with lids every where
And the magazine file things from ikea for tin foil grease proof paper baking parchment freezer bags bin bags etc and a wire rack that was originally for Lps for pot lids then kept the rack from a scraped dishwasher for some of these things and a removable cutlery basket for pens pencils craft things
But my nline spending right now has been bed linen towels curtains etc and garden stuff
Each to there own
And my big big guilty secret new ( old) bits for my good dinner set breakfast bistro set
Beautiful crystal glasses but I use and enjoy them at all the time China marchers etc know me by my first name and from another/thread they fit my cupboards
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

My hubby is really bad for it and to be honest it p****s me right off.

Apart from junk food which really I could do without eating I don’t buy stuff. I like having a wedge of money in the bank. I buy kids stuff when they need it. I probably get clothes once a year.

Yesterday we went out for lunch. I went to put makeup on. I do not do makeup so I’m assuming it must have been in there too long as the liquid eyeliner ran right into my eyeball and turned it grey for the rest of the day. I washed it out and didn’t bother with any.
My mother in law also bought me perfume for my birthday. Was a Brittany spears one that I don’t think I’ve wore since I live at her house which was over 13 years ago and I use joop instead which I think hubby bought before I had my first child who is 6 this month. Don’t do shoes or bags. My bag is actually falling apart I really should get another.

Books and holidays is really all I do.
But the amount of 💩 hubby buys that we “need” as it’s a new gadget is enough for this house.
Don’t think that we would manage with two spenders in the house
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Typed the stuff below & then re-read thread title, do not a waste exactly but on the other hand I hadn’t really considered buying these items pre Covid!
During lockdown we have bought:
New mattresses for kids
New bed for eldest dd since hers was really old.
New desk & bedside cabinet for eldest dd
My lovely new Cotswold Co corner TV unit (I have put up with an old table thing for about 15 years, so finally treated myself!).
DH has just bought himself some new Penguin branded t-shirts in the sale, but he hardly ever buys clothes and his old ones are tatty.
My only ‘wasteful’ buy is one of those small cleaning brushes you use for cleaning inside the window frame when open. The brush bristles are very uneven compared to the photo, and on top of that i’ve already misplaced it! Luckily it was only £2.50!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all your replies, I've really enjoyed reading them, I also feel a bit happier that it's not just me that buys junk
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

Books so many books... Its not good.
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Not necessarily waste because I do use it all but it’s not necessarily stuff I need.

I went to the office today and realised everything I was wearing including my bag and jewellery is new since I last went to the office early March 🙈 we have deliveries ever day, if it’s not me it’s DD! DH goes mad 😂
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Not necessarily waste because I do use it all but it’s not necessarily stuff I need.

I went to the office today and realised everything I was wearing including my bag and jewellery is new since I last went to the office early March 🙈 we have deliveries ever day, if it’s not me it’s DD! DH goes mad 😂
Sounds like my house. Just recently it’s been me ordering school uniforms from 4 different sites, then eldest DS & DD (as they have their own debit cards & can order stuff themselves) are quite often ordering bits & pieces. The poor delivery people seem to be knocking the door almost every day!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List