Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

My update... DH's job is safe 👍 I'm still furloughed, but I'm not bothered if I lose the job as we have no debts... as long as I've got my wine, gin and holiday money, I'm happy 😄
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Absolutely devastated.

Oh had an interview on Friday for a job and he absolutely LOVED it. Came home raving about it, thought it went really well. They said they’d let him know yesterday. He heard nothing, called them today and they said they were too busy to talk. They emailed him 5 minutes later to say they’d given it to someone else who could start straight away.

Oh said he could start next week due to not wanting to let down anyone at the 0 hour awful job. And potentially has lost a job due to that - I know it might not be the reason, but that’s the reason they gave him.

He will also be resigning from the 0 Hour job, because not having money is one thing. But watching your mental health deteriorate before your eyes because of a job you’re getting abused at all day from customers AND staff is not worth it.

I can’t stop crying, I’m so so worried about him. He needs to leave this job but feels like he’s letting me down. I just pray he’s resigned by the time he leaves today. I can’t take much more of this.

Why can’t employers just let people know they’re unsuccessful! Why do they make people chase?! Why don’t they realise they’re messing with people. I’m so angry and upset. I really don’t know what to do.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Absolutely devastated.

Oh had an interview on Friday for a job and he absolutely LOVED it. Came home raving about it, thought it went really well. They said they’d let him know yesterday. He heard nothing, called them today and they said they were too busy to talk. They emailed him 5 minutes later to say they’d given it to someone else who could start straight away.

Oh said he could start next week due to not wanting to let down anyone at the 0 hour awful job. And potentially has lost a job due to that - I know it might not be the reason, but that’s the reason they gave him.

He will also be resigning from the 0 Hour job, because not having money is one thing. But watching your mental health deteriorate before your eyes because of a job you’re getting abused at all day from customers AND staff is not worth it.

I can’t stop crying, I’m so so worried about him. He needs to leave this job but feels like he’s letting me down. I just pray he’s resigned by the time he leaves today. I can’t take much more of this.

Why can’t employers just let people know they’re unsuccessful! Why do they make people chase?! Why don’t they realise they’re messing with people. I’m so angry and upset. I really don’t know what to do.
So sorry to hear this. Hopefully there was good reasons you will not know now, as to why he didn’t get that job. Hopefully the one he SHOULD have is not too far away. Not a lot of comfort to you I know, but a couple of years ago my mental health went down the pan due to be being desperately unhappy in my then job. Every job I applied for and didn’t get seemed ideal. The one I did get was by complete surprise and a really good fit. Let OH know without doubt he isn’t letting you down to calm his fears of this. I know you probably have though. Wishing you both the best of luck 😊
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Absolutely devastated.

Oh no it's so sad, one thing after another again
Hopefully things will turn around for you, you're bound to be worried, angry and upset 😢
Try to stay positive though, I know it's hard xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear things haven't gone the way you wanted with the job. It's hard being on such an emotional seesaw. Fingers crossed, I'm sure all will come good in the end.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Thinking of you both, I’m sure they’ll be something great around the corner, fingers crossed 😀why don’t you say where you live & maybe a kind Dibber might know someone that can help you & Hubbie out or even help you themselves, as the saying goes “it’s not what you know it’s who you know “ 😉😘
Take care xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I feel like I’ve been living in a strange alternate reality for the last couple of weeks.
Two weeks ago today, DH who didn’t even take statins, was blue lighted to hospital and is now recovering from a triple bypass.
And I thought things couldn’t get much more uncertain.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
I feel like I’ve been living in a strange alternate reality for the last couple of weeks.
Two weeks ago today, DH who didn’t even take statins, was blue lighted to hospital and is now recovering from a triple bypass.
Omg that's awful... sending loads of hugs to you both xx
Old 9 Aug 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
Sorry to hear that - what a shock for you both. Hope he gets better soon.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Thanks all, he’s spoken to the bosses and told them he wants to leave and listed why, we know the owners so I think this gas worried then and they’ve said they’ll act on his comments. He’s given them this week to see if there’s a difference.

I really want him to leave though if it doesn’t change, having staff and customers speaking to you like **** all day isn’t fair, neither is any of the other crap he’s dealing with while no one else does any work.

So so gutted about the other job, I know it will work out in the end, but where the hell is the end?! I’ve had enough now. I came to mum and dads cause I was just sat at home in a state. Poor dad was a bit stressed to find me standing in his work shop having a breakdown as mum was out 🤦🏻

OH is on his way home now so heading home to see him and get some dinner. Thanks guys - we are south west xx
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List