Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Aug 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A question

Just wondering anyone have any conditions connected with food I e weat intolerance or diabetic or other thing milk ect

Thanks
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Anyone
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I've got a shellfish allergy if that's something you'd consider a condition connected to food
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Grandson has a total milk allergy. It's been a nightmare for my Daughter since he was born however the Consultant in Notts has been awesome with him and he is well up the 'milk ladder'.

When he stays with us we have to be very careful with his diet. Plus my goodness the cost of food with no dairy is high.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I have coeliac disease, was diagnosed in May 2019 at the age of 23, although I probably had it for years undiagnosed.

It was a huge change of lifestyle, it’s not too bad eating at home, but eating out is slightly more complicated and not as fun as it used to be. Plus it’s also put a pause on my plans to travel to Japan, I don’t like fish and gluten free food is hard to come by over there.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mum was diagnosed Ceoliac just as we locked down and we were informed cheerily - no gluton - read all labels. Extremely difficult time when supermarket shops were a no go as we were shielding (and yes I do know that ingredients lists are shown on line).

Anyway - with Mr Google we are getting there. Finding some supermarket own products not labelled gluten free but are. The worst things are bread, pastry and cakes - over double price for less and not as tasty.

Like Mr T - food bill has increased, but on a positive note Mum is much better, eats more and has put on 10llbs in 4 months when she struggled to put on a 1llb in 3 months previously.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have problems with dairy so use lactose-free milk. I am also (sadly) allergic to apples & peaches (they make my throat & lips swell). I’m fine with processed versions (eg apple pie). I used to love apples (this allergy started in my mid twenties) and used to try peeling them, buying organic etc but they still made my throat swell. I’ve never had a really really bad reaction, but still scary when you start to feel your throat tighten. The doctor told me it’ll make no difference if you peel/buy organic as it’s the enzymes in the apples I am allergic to, that’s why processed is ok and heating destroys the enzymes. Sadly the same also happened with peaches so I can’t have those now either (and again, I used to love peaches in the summer).
Just hoping it doesn’t spread to any other fruits I like!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I will answer my own question I am both coeliac disease and I am borderline diabetic so when I am out I look at all the labels for weat and surgar I make 90 of what I eat so I know what’s in it. If I am out then I am a pain inworld go in to a restaurant and asked what they have in which do not have weat how much surgar ect I even asked to look in the kitchen in a mc Donald’s I have a naked burger which they happy to do I all so asked to see the book they have out the back that list every ingredient for everything they sell. I have had a run in with 2 mangers at different places that have said there no such thing but when I show them on the phone they say we where never told and intell them they not been trained right as all the managers ect are taught about it.
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My son has a metabolic disorder called homocystinuria. His body cannot process protein ie meat, fish, dairy, cereals, grains, pulses and many vegetables, therefore is unable to eat these foodstuffs 😪

Edited at 03:32 PM.
Anne K is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Another with a shellfish allergy.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List