Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
We are buying a new build, it doesn’t have a management company or fees, but we do have an additional £240 to pay the developer related to registering the property (not the land registry fee as I think that’s £270 for being new) it was a cost we weren’t expecting and comes from the developer’s solicitors, suspiciously similar amount? I can’t find the email that mentioned it right now, but it had very little detail, I think it may have said for a certificate actually.
That is indeed very similar! 🧐
I can’t understand how this is happening a year on from moving in! But it seems it’s a thing.
Thank you for responding 🙏
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Oh and we’re Bellway.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I've emailed DH, sounds odd I know but he is in a diff room from me right now and I can hear him on the phone (work), his email is constantly pinging. I'm sure he will come back to me eventually! will revert when he does x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I've emailed DH, sounds odd I know but he is in a diff room from me right now and I can hear him on the phone (work), his email is constantly pinging. I'm sure he will come back to me eventually! will revert when he does x
Thank you so much! I do utterly appreciate that. X
Old 6 Aug 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Hiya, just tried to send you a PM but says your inbox is full. x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Oh dear! Thank you! I shall empty it xx
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I assume there was a deed of covenant or similar you signed on purchase which is probably tied to a restriction on title which requires a certificate to allow registration.

In which case there could be legal fees for approving the form as well as a registration fee. This should have been known at completion (not always but usually anyway).

If your lawyer has been arguing it for some time they should already have checked the management information so know what has been disclosed - I would query this with them.

I would also query why suddenly urgent given the passage of time it should have been urgent for some time.
vhm672 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Thank you Vhm. I’ve requested she call me as I am so concerned to hear about this after an entire year of living in our house.
I’ll update with what she says. Thank you all for the helpful advice, I feel a bit more clued up than I did!

Many thanks 🙏
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Thank you Vhm. I’ve requested she call me as I am so concerned to hear about this after an entire year of living in our house.
I’ll update with what she says. Thank you all for the helpful advice, I feel a bit more clued up than I did!

Many thanks 🙏
No worries been a property lawyer for 20 years although corporate property not residential. My gut feeling is it has been missed by the lawyers or they didn’t chase matters down properly. This is not to say the monies aren’t payable but that it should have been flagged much earlier. Worth pushing for answers but at the end of the day the important thing is getting your title registered as until you are registered you actually don’t legally own the property ( your interest is only beneficial). Let us know what the lawyer says.
vhm672 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List