Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Aug 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I work for a large company - all IPhones. When I visit other large insurers all iPhones

Does any large business use Android? I remember it used to be Blackberry
There are organisations which do use specific types of android devices over iPhone but they would be premium devices and as Samsung handsets which Knox capabilities.

My preference (where it is my choice) is android but if others prefer Apple I respect their choice to be different
Old 7 Aug 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'd choose Samsung over Apple and Google over Samsung.

I've tried using other peoples Iphones or Ipads and just can't get on with the operating system.

I've had android phones since just before Nokia Symbian died.

I loved my Samsung mobiles until my hearing became progressively worse; Samsung are awful sound wise (or they were when I gave up on them a couple of years ago). I was also fed up of waiting months and months for the android updates to come to my Samsung phone; Samsung took forever to tweak the update and roll it out.

In the end I bought a Google Pixel 2 and I would never go back to Samsung now. The sound is brilliant, which is the most important for me, but the camera is also fabulous... even though my mobile is now "old hat". Having the Android updates almost immediately is nice too.

I am considering buying a Google Pixel 4A, due out this month, but will read more reviews before I commit.
Old 7 Aug 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I always have apple, mainly because photos link to both phone and iPad. I find apple so easy to use. My son and husband will only have Samsung though ! I think it really is just personal preference and what you are used to.
I'm Android all the way. It uses Google photos and these link to any device too.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

iPhone , do we remember the days when Nokia couldn’t be beaten.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I work for a large company - all IPhones. When I visit other large insurers all iPhones

My FTSE 100 employer uses Samsung. Some Directors had Apple a few years ago but then these were changed too.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
iPhone , do we remember the days when Nokia couldn’t be beaten.
Yes... and I loved my Nokia N8.

Old 8 Aug 20, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I've had both and I would never go back to Apple now. They was found guilty and fined for slowing down old iPhones to make you buy a new one.

I've got a Samsung phone and love it. They have an SD card slot too, I bought a 256gb card from Amazon for around £20. If you want that kind of storage Apple will charge you an extra £180 to upgrade it.

I also use Google photos which backs up all of my videos and pictures free of charge for an unlimited use (you can then sync them all between any android devices). Apple does have this service but they only give you 5gb free which will fill up very quickly. You then have to pay a monthly subscription to upgrade.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I’d go iPhone. I have iPhone for personal phone and use android for work phone and much prefer Apple As do the DH and DDs
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

Yes the NHS use android. Can't speak for all of it but Huawei is the handset we get.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Yes the NHS use android. Can't speak for all of it but Huawei is the handset we get.
Government run NHS handing out Huawei handsets 😄😄😄
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List