Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
I am looking for new pillows as I have a neck problem which my current ones leave me with issues in the morning. Trip to the osteopathe tomorrow!

Any recommendations would be much appreciated 👍👍
I have spondylitis in my neck from an old whiplash injury, my osteopath sorted me out and I only need to see him every couple of years or so. He told me - always 2 pillows, medium plumpness and try to sleep on side with neck supported by the pillows - it has worked for me

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Essie1000
Very Serious Dibber

I purchased 2 firm pillows from Preimier Inn, very happy with them
July 2019 Westhaven & RPR
Essie1000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Any cheap pillows for me, quite happy with none really. And I sleep well apart from the toilet run. Lol
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bigseve View Post
We have IGel pillows, absolutely love them. I’ve got the firm, side-sleeper and DW has the softer version. We’re on our 2nd one now but we had the first one for almost 3 years.

I’ve had no issues with back or neck pain since moving to them. I turn my pillow every night as i think that helps.

We’ve got an Igel bed too although, being honest, that was DW’s choice as i wanted the Premier Inn bed.
They advised me to get the side sleeper as he said it was the softer, more filled one. The back & front was more slim & firm
I better double check as I want which ever is softer.
What do you think of the IGel mattress?
That is what we went with, mainly due to my hot sweats in the night.
I am hoping it is the most wonderful mattress in the world as we have never spent so much on a mattress before lol
Ours is the 2500 spring with igel comfort top
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I have spondylitis in my neck from an old whiplash injury, my osteopath sorted me out and I only need to see him every couple of years or so. He told me - always 2 pillows, medium plumpness and try to sleep on side with neck supported by the pillows - it has worked for me
Thank you Sue for post. Will give two a try👍👍
Old 7 Aug 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
They advised me to get the side sleeper as he said it was the softer, more filled one. The back & front was more slim & firm
I better double check as I want which ever is softer.
What do you think of the IGel mattress?
That is what we went with, mainly due to my hot sweats in the night.
I am hoping it is the most wonderful mattress in the world as we have never spent so much on a mattress before lol
Ours is the 2500 spring with igel comfort top
My side sleeper pillow is definitely firmer than DW’s front sleeper but hers is thinner. We actually swapped within a few weeks of buying them the first time as i originally wanted the front sleeper but i much prefer the side sleeper now.

The bed is superb and we’d never spent so much on one either. I think we’ve got the same one you’ve bought and it’s still as good now as it was when we bought it 4 years ago. We ‘spin’ it around every few months, it can’t be turned though.

I imagine we’ll be sticking the IGel when it’s time to buy a new one in around 4 years time unless i can talk her into a Premier Inn one.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List