Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Aug 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Wow I'm visualising your hubby walking around the bedroom naked while you lay in bed eating cake

At least with your daughter going to Southampton uni it's not too far to travel to compared to some universities.

When your son comes home from uni with his wife I guess she will be traumatised if you open the bedroom door and your hubby is naked

I popped to Sainsburys earlier because I knew you wouldn't be out of bed at 10am.
I go on Saturday anyway, I was up at 7 and then went back to sleep till 10am. He needs to close the door with his nakedness but they will be out the back in the extension with there own toilet and bathroom so don’t need to come upstairs really. I don’t eat cake in bed plus that would put me off my cake! 🤢 usually only eat cake when we are watching tv in the evening, I will miss dd but she needs to be doing something and is very bored at home! You should be glad your son and his girlfriend are there because when they move out you will have empty nest syndrome.
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
I am a woman, but have big girl pants!
Oh no, please don't give him any ideas for his next thread
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
We've had my MIL with us during lockdown since February. I feel your pain...
maybe if you walk around the house in just underpants (as per MH) she may leave
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I have my DD (who lives in Weymouth) home for 9 days and it’s really lovely as not seen her since Christmas. She was due to come home at Easter but COVID put paid to that. But it’s terrible trying to remember to shut doors, we usually don’t bother too much with the two of us and if we leave a door just a little bit open the dogs just barge through...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I go on Saturday anyway, I was up at 7 and then went back to sleep till 10am. He needs to close the door with his nakedness but they will be out the back in the extension with there own toilet and bathroom so don’t need to come upstairs really. I don’t eat cake in bed plus that would put me off my cake! 🤢 usually only eat cake when we are watching tv in the evening, I will miss dd but she needs to be doing something and is very bored at home! You should be glad your son and his girlfriend are there because when they move out you will have empty nest syndrome.
Perhaps when your hubby is naked it would be appropriate if you ate carrot cake

So are they having the ground floor extension as a bedroom and bathroom?

Your daughter needs to get to uni to get her brain working and to help her grow up and stop mummy running around after her, and I really don't mean that as an insult because my son was mothered too much before going to uni. My son hadn't ever cooked anything or ironed a shirt before he went to uni and now he is a great cook and is finally domesticated (although that slips when he comes home).

My wife is tearful when my son goes back to uni, and although I don't rejoice when he returns he needs his own space as much as I do, and it will be 6 months that my son and his girlfriend has been living with us. Plus they only spend about 7 months studying at uni in a year (obviously less this past uni year due to covid) so they aren't gone for that long.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well, I am on the other side of the equation, having been at my daughters house for five months. As a lady of a certain age I need the loo during the night, no matter how quiet I am ( on the way something speaks. Always feel like I have to ask If I can have a cup of tea... my own hang up... it’s not easy for the interlopers either sunshine, I long to walk around naked...
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Perhaps when your hubby is naked it would be appropriate if you ate carrot cake

So are they having the ground floor extension as a bedroom and bathroom?

Your daughter needs to get to uni to get her brain working and to help her grow up and stop mummy running around after her, and I really don't mean that as an insult because my son was mothered too much before going to uni. My son hadn't ever cooked anything or ironed a shirt before he went to uni and now he is a great cook and is finally domesticated (although that slips when he comes home).

My wife is tearful when my son goes back to uni, and although I don't rejoice when he returns he needs his own space as much as I do, and it will be 6 months that my son and his girlfriend has been living with us. Plus they only spend about 7 months studying at uni in a year (obviously less this past uni year due to covid) so they aren't gone for that long.
My son went to uni and did everything himself but soon came back to having me doing it all, apart from his washing he still does it and cooks burgers! My dd is a sweet girl, much sweeter than me at that age. She gets a bit argumentative sometimes but she doesn’t drink or stay out late and seems much younger than being nearly 18. My most independent child is my son in Canada who never went to uni but is making the most money and having the best life! I do like a bit off carrot cake but my favourite is Coffee and nut lol!
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
We are picking the two granddaughters up to stay for a few days, DH will have to remember not to walk out of the bedroom without putting pants on!
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
We are picking the two granddaughters up to stay for a few days, DH will have to remember not to walk out of the bedroom without putting pants on!
Do all you DOG's husbands not even wear pants around the house. I get criticised for wearing pants?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Do all you DOG's husbands not even wear pants around the house. I get criticised for wearing pants?
He will take his shorts off when he comes in after work! And then has a mad panic to get them back on when the doorbell rings!

I see nothing wrong with wearing pants indoors. but a pair of thin shorts will make it decent while you have company.