Notices

Old 15 Jul 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

The One With No Pretrip And A Better Chance Of Finishing - Day 13 - Move To RPR

I was awake at 4.10am with horrific heartburn and dozed for a bit but eventually got up at 5.50am to get organised. I had made everyone put their clothes in the washer last night so I put the dryer on and made a start organising the stuff in the kitchen and lounge. I managed to get most of the clothes out of the 2 bedrooms without waking anyone, but it took much longer than I had bargained on to refold and pack everything! Scott and the kids didn't start moving until after 8am and we didn't get on our way till around 9am.

I was completely shattered already and had done 9550 steps!

We pulled up at RPR and one of the porters helped us with our bags which went into the storage area. Scott went off to park and I checked in, all very smooth and before long we had our room keys which would be our express passes in hand and we set off for the parks. We remembered to bring the refillable mug and chose Universal today.

It as about 10am by now. Abbie wanted to try RipRideRockit so we headed there first and I sorted the locker.

Abbie's verdict was good but not as good as Manta. I agree.

Then we stopped for a photo with Puss as there was no line.

The next ride the kids spotted was Jimmy Fallon's Race Through New York, a new one for us all. The pre Show is well done on this one. The kids loved this but it made Scott and I feel very sick. I had to close my eyes for some of it and I've never had the problem. I don't think it helped that I was getting tired. I think I'll need a disco nap later!

We do like to try on daft hats.

We went on the Fast and Furious Supercharged next. I thought this one as a bit of a faff, with the multiple pre show rooms and again the simulated effects made me feel sick.

Our express passes were working a treat though as it's only 11.02am and that's with stopping on the way to reactivate the mug. I stood in a line for ages only to get to the front and be told she couldn't do it! She did refill it anyway though so that was good. This happened to us a couple of times which was a pest, I think they should have a sign on the carts so you know if it's worthwhile getting in the line or not.

We walked round to Springfield via Men in Black, none of us managed to press the red button again, we'll need to keep trying. The kids went to meet Krusty who had fun turning Daniels hat round to make him more like Bart.

We are all hungry now so headed in to order some food. Abbie and Scott shared a Meat Likers pizza and Daniel and I were going to have a Krusty Burger but at the last minute he changed it to a Clogger, which has 2 burger patties instead of 1.

You order separately which is why there's only half a pizza here, they'd already munched it before I got back with the clogger.

We enjoyed the food here, but it took a while to order and the queue was horrendous when we left, so go early if you can! The kids and Scott went off to ride the Simpsons and I sat it out as I knew this one would definitely make me feel sick.

We stopped off in Diagon Alley and the kids watched Tales of Beedle the Bard, then we went in search of Butterbeer. The Leaky Cauldron was way too busy as it was the main lunch rush so we walked round the corner and got some from the wee pub, but I can't remember the name.

We didn't bother with the souvenir cup this time. Abbie enjoyed it as usual, the rest of us weren't keen.

The Gringotts ride was down so we headed to Springfield so the grownups could have a Duff Beer.

Very refreshing although it got warm quickly, I think the small cups at Busch and Seaworld were maybe better because they were smaller so didn't have a chance to warm up, or maybe it was because they were free and these were almost $20!

Daniel wanted to go to the Fear Factor Show so that's where we headed next, taking our Duffs with us.

They were looking for volunteers to help out and both kids were keen to give it a go. Daniel was picked to spray water on the contestants when the were climbing. He loved it. Abbie was disappointed not to have been picked.

I don't think you can see him in this photo as he was over the far side. He was well chuffed when he got back!

We were going to head back to Gringotts but we were beginning to tire now (I was knackered if truth be told) so we headed to Transformers on our way out.

You can see they were flagging by now, look at their happy wee faces.

Despite the faces in the photo we all enjoyed this but decided to head back and see if our room was ready as we hadn't yet had an email to say it was even though it was well after 3pm.

We hopped on the water taxi to RPR. Thankfully our room 1115 was ready! I think Scott was a bit disappointed to be on the first floor but it worked out great as we were on the same level as the pool, water taxi and walkway to the parks.

We called bell services for our bags and they arrived quickly. I stowed the packing cubes as best I could and we all got changed for a dip in the pool. I'd been looking forward to this since we booked our stay here.

It was pretty busy in and around the pool but the servers were doing a great job and before long I had this in my hand.

We stayed for a couple of hours and it was so relaxing after another busy, busy day.

We were all tired now and in hindsight probably should have grabbed room service or something to eat by the pool but we got ready and went out for dinner. We fancied the NBC place and they said the table would be 20 minutes. Abbie was desperate to go on RipRideRockit again so we walked over to Universal.

Scott and I sat this one out as we were both feeling a bit ropey. When they got off we headed for dinner. It was a bit meh. I think we were all overtired. Abbie had the kids cheese flatbread, Scott had a burger which they'd left the barbecue sauce off of so it was dry, Daniel had the Chicken Flatbread because it also had bacon on it, but he didn't really eat much as it had too much tomato and I had the French dip sandwich. No photos of this meal (oops). We paid the bill and made our way back to RPR and were all tucked up in bed by 9.30pm.

I got over 29000 steps today!

I'm further on in this report than I've ever managed with my previous failed attempts, hopefully I'll manage to catch up over the next couple of days as it's nearly home time.

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 17 Jul 18 1:07 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good change over day sometimes I think we eat when we don’t really need too

Joan
Old 17 Jul 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Fab busy day, shame about the dinner at the end. Well done sticking with the report, loving keeping up with all your adventures xx

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day, your room looks fab. Shame you were all so worn out by dinner time.
Old 21 Jul 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good change over day sometimes I think we eat when we don’t really need too

Joan
Have to agree with you, although we do sometimes forget how long it has been between eating and wonder why we get hangry.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Another great day - 29000 steps - no wonder you were in bed by 9.30 I love RPR and hopefully will fit this into my plans for next year.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List