Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile August in Florida- what trainers?

What light weight trainers would you suggest we buy for an August trip to Florida? Luckily I ve got small feet so I buy mine from the children's department. I wear converse normally so dont thank they will be suitable. I ve seen some trip reports with people wearing Nikes. Which ones are they?
Although we don't go until next year I'm going to start buying things throughout the year if I see any bargains.
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

flip flops

its very hot, wet & humid...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

I love Skechers: pretty much wear them everyday (though to be honest I only wear Crocs in Florida because my feet get really hot). They're really light and comfortable and many have the climacool insoles.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I will be mixing it up between flip flop, sandels and my sketchers. Sketchers for long park days but like novocastrian my feet get very hot in them and swell a lot on the flight so not always comfy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

If you buy Sketchers Go Walks just be wary of them getting wet. Mine did on a water ride and rubbed the sole of my foot into a massive blister. It was agony. I ended up wearing soft padded running socks and lightweight Nikes.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I have sketchers go walks and they are like wearing slippers. Wore them , last trip and first thing packed for this time. I also have a more conventional style sketchers trainers which I will try but they are not as light as the go walks. I can only wear flip flops around the pool as they rub between my toes
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 06:11 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I bought sketchers upon reading so many recommendations however I've been wearing them for 6 weeks breaking them in and my feet always feel hot and sweaty in them 😩
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

I usually wear sketchers trainers ( the really light actual running trainers forgot the name) . Using these and good socks my feet were perfect all holiday!... however next time I want to try sketchers sandal things, a friend has them they look very comfy and actually attractive looking! I have a real problem with the toe thing in flip flops..these have a bit that goes to the side of your big toe. Very comfy! Loads of straps aswell for support. Had trouble finding them online tho.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Another Skechers fan. I buy the memory foam, air cooled ones.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I can't do trainers in Florida. Far too hot.

But loved my Sketchers Gogamat flip flops. Walking on air and not closed in.

ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List