Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Jun 18, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SJB07
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
Details of Aventura's Food Hall has been announced today. Called Urban Pantry, certainly seems a step up over the normal style food court you get at these type of resorts, looking forward to trying the food there when staying in Oct.

blog.universalorlando/wh...ventura-hotel/
Sounds good, we got $200 free hotel spending money with our stay so looking forward to trying it out. 👍
SJB07 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

I hope all ready for 16th... we check in 17th! eeek.

We booked with TUI last year and really annoyed as did not get the dollars for dining that others got booking in January.

I will just be happy it is open on time now.
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
I hope all ready for 16th... we check in 17th! eeek.

We booked with TUI last year and really annoyed as did not get the dollars for dining that others got booking in January.

I will just be happy it is open on time now.
I’ve been liaising with the hotel manager for the last day or so. I had some major concerns regarding amenities being open. I’d had an email from a member of front desk staff and for the last few days I’ve been extremely concerned to say the least. I can say with almost 100% positivity, that it’ll be open on time, with all amenities open. I’m excited again now!
Disneylife4me is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07

Originally Posted by Disneylife4me View Post
I’ve been liaising with the hotel manager for the last day or so. I had some major concerns regarding amenities being open. I’d had an email from a member of front desk staff and for the last few days I’ve been extremely concerned to say the least. I can say with almost 100% positivity, that it’ll be open on time, with all amenities open. I’m excited again now!
That's the kind of news I've been hoping to hear.

That's pretty poor that TUI aren't honoring the $100 per room dining credit, coz if I remember correctly we looked at few different ways of making our booking and they were all offering it at the time.
SJB07 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneylife4me View Post
Thank you! I have been watching bioreconstruct on Twitter. they post pictures of any type of construction and it has helped a bit but your message saying 100% open is great to hear. Thank you
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SJB07 View Post
That's the kind of news I've been hoping to hear.

That's pretty poor that TUI aren't honoring the $100 per room dining credit, coz if I remember correctly we looked at few different ways of making our booking and they were all offering it at the time.
I agree! They said I could cancel and rebook but prices were higher so not worth doing that!

I just gave up tbh found TUI really poor with responding.
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07

I agree! They said I could cancel and rebook but prices were higher so not worth doing that!

I just gave up tbh found TUI really poor with responding.
I've stopped using travel agents all together, in my experience they lose interest in customer service once they have your money, plus I find it's much cheaper to book everything myself anyway, although it was a bit nerve wracking the first time.

You could try asking the Aventura direct about the dining credit, coz it seems they are still offering it on every booking over a certain amount of days.
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

*here is the managers email in full. I wanted to share it with anyone who’s arriving shortly after it’s opening date. I hope it puts your mind at ease as it did mine!*.

Hello Mrs Hannan. Thank you for your detailed response. It is disheartening to hear that the excitement your family once had for your upcoming holiday has diminished. I hope that after corresponding with me you can assure you family that this trip will very much live up to being the holiday of a lifetime that you have planned.

As I am physically here at the hotel, as it is being constructed, I have greater insight on the specifics that our reservations team might not have. In regards to amenities not being available to your party when you arrive on the 18th – I can confidently state that we plan to have all amenities open for our guests when the hotel opens on the 16th of August. While hotel guest accommodations always open in phases with new hotels, all of our amenities will be available starting August 16th, our opening day. All food and beverage venues, recreation amenities and retail outlets will be available to our guests. There is no fine print, no asterisks, all advertised amenities will be available.

In a prior email correspondence I see that our team suggested that you would have use of our sister properties amenities as an Aventura guest. While this is accurate, the amenities being offered at our sister properties are in addition to the amenities you expect at Aventura, not in place of. All amenities are on time for our opening on the 16th and we do not expect any delay. With that being said, it is in the realm of possibility that an event from a natural disaster could delay or render an amenity of the hotel not operational for a short period of time. This however would not be specific to Aventura hotel of course, this would apply to anywhere the disaster touched, such as other area hotels and local attractions etc.

As a father who greatly looks forward to vacation time spent with my family, I can assure you that you have made the right choice and will remember this holiday for years to come. I am one of the few people who has consistently been at the hotel, seen the product being crafted, tasted the food and enjoyed the view from the rooftop. It is a destination unlike anything in Orlando and will be a great location to make many memories with your family this August.

I have given your reservation my personal attention and look forward to greeting you on the 18th. If you still feel strongly that another hotel would be a better fit for your family I would be happy to reach out to my colleagues at Cabana Bay Beach Resort to arrange a transfer of your reservation there. While I hope you will choose to remain at our hotel and I hope I have calmed any nervousness, I understand if you prefer to move to an established property where you know you enjoy their offerings.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime between now and your arrival – my job is to ensure all of our guests have a personalized experience while blending in the most cutting edge technology with world class food and beverage offerings.

Let me know how I can be of further assistance. Also, now that you have my detailed response, if you would like to arrange for a time to speak over the phone for any specifics we can set that up. If not, I will always be able to reply to your email correspondence personally.

A trip of a lifetime such as this one should keep you up at night with excitement, not thoughts of concern or nervousness. For that I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. I think you and your family will really enjoy what we have to offer here at Aventura. See you soon!

Warm Regards,

Michael *** | Front Office Manager | Universal’s Aventura Hotel | phone: +1 407.503.6160 ****further more, I’d like to add for those questioning the $100 credit-even though it’s not stated anywhere on my TUI booking, I’ve just been advised I have a $100 credit per room on my booking. So worth checking if yours does too? Couldn’t be happier right now! ****

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Disneylife4me is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

That is a brilliant response thank you! I am sorry to be cheeky but if possible could I have the email address for him direct? I queried with Universal regarding my the $100 dining credit but at that time advised going back to TUI but your reply is so much more personal.

Thanks so much.
Old 3 Jul 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

That is a brilliant response thank you! I am sorry to be cheeky but if possible could I have the email address for him direct? I queried with Universal regarding my the $100 dining credit but at that time advised going back to TUI but your reply is so much more personal.

Thanks so much.
I’ve sent you a message☺️