Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Quietest time of the year

I'm looking to book for 2019 and have been looking through the Crowd Level History. Discounting September 2017 as there was a huge hurricane, September appears to the be the quietest time.
We usually go end Sept/beginning of Oct but this time of year seems to be getting busier and busier. Last time we went I was getting fed up at the size of queues, especially in Universal parks, so I want to go when there is fewer people. I realise it's getting busy all times now, but want to give myself the best chance.

Does anyone have experience with gong at the beginning of September?
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
I'm looking to book for 2019 and have been looking through the Crowd Level History. Discounting September 2017 as there was a huge hurricane, September appears to the be the quietest time.
We usually go end Sept/beginning of Oct but this time of year seems to be getting busier and busier. Last time we went I was getting fed up at the size of queues, especially in Universal parks, so I want to go when there is fewer people. I realise it's getting busy all times now, but want to give myself the best chance.

Does anyone have experience with gong at the beginning of September?
Ive been at the beginning of September 3 times now. And this year will be the fourth. Its rather quiet, still que but not for very long at all! Weathers nice aswell
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

With Disney free dining introduced years ago the quiet times have long gone!

With the Instagram and social media culture Disney/universal has become a popular holiday destination for everyone not just families or big Disney universal fans.

With dollar rate being very poor people are still going more than when it was cheaper than going to Spain in the good old days of 2$ to a Ł.

With Star Wars land soon to open Disney will be a very busy and congested place for the next few years.

You just need to look at the impact avatar had at animal kingdom and x that by 10 for Star Wars.

Avoiding us holidays and uk holidays is a good start but if your hoping to find deserted parks that sadly doesn’t happen anymore.

I remember the parks being so quiet I was going round on rides 3 or 4 times in a row. My record 103 rides done in a day at Busch gardens. I’d be lucky to do that in 4 weeks at Disney lol.

Best of luck with your planning
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

we have done september for the last few years and except for disney which we havent been to for years so I cant say,the other parks are much quieter and busch gardens and seaworld on some of the days we have gone have literally been just walk on to the ride
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

we like to go the 2 weeks prior to thanksgiving, no crowds and great weather.
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We used to go 3 times a year, now 4 times.

There are no quiet times any more. There are variances but not like they used to be sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by laurad107 View Post
We go end of August normally retiring. Around the 8th of September. It definitely does get quieter. Weather still very hot and humid and lots of storms. Last year was a bit annoying as more torrential rain in evenings made it hard to catch night time shows and fireworks.
I genuinely don’t feel that there will be a quiet time next year due to Star Wars and also universal opening a new Harry Potter ride. We won’t be going next year. Will wait for it to quieten down.

If you’re not bothered about Star Wars maybe go before it opens as maybe it will be quieter as people hold off on trips til star Wars open
The other side of the coin could also apply - people who don't like Star Wars may go earlier to avoid the SW crowds so it could still be very busy any time. I can't stand SW and am going 16th to 26th September next year - booked before the SW land announcement.

Edited at 08:24 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We normally go late September and last year went the beginning of the month. I’m not sure I noticed a difference. Universal was busy as we went over Labour Day weekend. Crowds were not average as Irma affected them so difficult for me to say for sure if there’s a difference.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We always find mid September to early October to be “quiet”, with good weather (sometimes...) and we love Halloween. We was thinking going before SW land that it’s be dead with people holding off until it is built. We love SW but not that much to be shoulder to shoulder and then some all holiday!

I too remember the days you could do a whole park before 12pm! 😂 mad how busy it’s got!
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Will people stop recommending September as you're going to encroach on my quiet time holiday

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List