Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Jul 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile Arrival day do you go straight to the villa or stop somewhere on the way or the basics?

Curious: On arrival day do you head straight to the villa or do you stop on the way to buy the basics?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Depends on time of arrival. If only late afternoon or early evening we would go to villa and then back out. Otherwise we would pick some essentials up on the way.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Villa , pubix and wendys then back to the villa. In that order.
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Because we fly from Aberdeen we usually arrive late, and after 3 flights we are shattered. So it's straight to villa for us, with a quick stop at Publix to pick up some hot chicken and water/juice for a snack before going straight to bed.

However, this year we are coming off of a cruise to go to the villa so we will take a leisurely drive from Port Canaveral, stop somewhere for lunch then do our big Walmart shop before heading to the villa. Looking forward to arriving at a villa fully awake!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Normally to the villa first to drop off bags so the boot is empty to fill with all the stuff we ‘need’ from Walmart 😂

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Villa , pubix and wendys then back to the villa. In that order.
Exactly the same here.

We like to get to the villa and check it’s ok/drop off suitcases/quick freshen up first.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Depends on my fight if I'm in before 5pm localtime I shop first then I'm in the villaand can sort out our bedroom bathroom and then I'm in for the night if later it yenfs to be drop bags at the villa head out for take out wine bread milk,oj and jam back to the villa eat sort out our bed and bathroom have a swim soak in the spa a glass of wine 🍷 then bed
( we always allow guests a 4pm check out if we are in behind them hence awhizz round our bathroom and change to our bed and clean out the fridge and stick a wash on this in no way reflects how clean 99% of our guests leave the villa just gives me a head start on the deep cleaning )
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Villa first then quick supermarket trip by husband whilst I try to encourage ridiculously untired children towards bed!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

We stay in Highlands Reserve. We are due to land at Tampa around 3pm and travel to Davenport probably about 5pm. We then go to Publix buy some beer/wine and hot chicken. We then throw the kids in the pool and chill.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m envious! I don’t know how people do it, even on a direct flight we are so tired and can’t do anything other than a quick Walgreens shop for milk and bread on way to villa and collapse!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List