Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 22, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 11
Fly home today 😪
We didn't have to check out until 12 so I sat out on the balcony enjoying a coffee in the sun for most of the time. We checked out and just sat in the 'yard' for about an hour just enjoying the sun and calm ambiance of the hotel. We then ordered an uber to take us to LAX, we had a lovely Tesla and it cost about $50. It took about an hour and was a great trip, really lovely car. We were flying American Airlines so we're at Terminal 4. Really quick check in considering we couldn't check in online, we did complete verifly and that's all we were asked to show as well as our passports. I did ask if there was any availability for an upgrade but she said it was a full flight so nothing available 😪 we were straight through security and T 4 is small so we sat at the gate and got some food from dunkin donuts. The flight was about 50 mins late taking off but made up some of that time and we landed about 30 mins late. The seats on AA were really narrow, no difference to leg room though. I did have a lady sat next to me but no issues. Food OK, you do get bread roll and cheese and biscuits which is an improvement on BA. I took melatonin and managed to sleep on and off for around 5/6 hours. No issues with luggage, e gates were open so straight through there and were soon driving home. Jet lag again hitting hard so was in bed asleep by 8pm.
All in all a great holiday, we will definately be going vack to Disneyland and possibly include a Pacific highway road trip next time. I highly recommend both hotels we used and would book both again. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Day 10
Last full day today. We both slept really well, I had 11hrs, ithink it was a combination of the late night and the relaxing in the hot tub. We had planned to go to the Griffiths observatory to see the Hollywood sign but we changed our minds and got an uber to Lake Hollywood Park instead.
We were glad we did as so much closer to the sign. We took lots of photos and then ordered another uber to take us to Hollywood and vine metro station. We then went on metro to civic centre stop as we had reservation at The Broad. We found the Metro quite scary each time we used it, we have used underground's in quite a few countries and found LA the most daunting, more so than New York! It seems to be frequented by a lot of homeless people and people with mental health problems and was pretty scary at times for 2 women on their own. It isn't busy and it is cheap if you are on a budget but we decided it wasn't for us and we wouldn't use it again.
We walked to the Broad, this was the only place we were asked for our vaccination proof the whole trip.
We had a walk around and then went for our reserved time in the infinity mirror room. You get 1 minute in there but it was awesome and very instagramable.
We then got another uber back to the hotel and spent some time in the hot tub.
We ordered door dash for food and had some lunch poke bowls delivered. We then went and did our packing in readiness to leave tomorrow.
Lovely photos lovely blue sky too
We also love Panera Bread
Say no more, Cinnamon roll YUM YUM
😋😋😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great trip report, thanks for sharing 😊. I’m glad you liked the Garland, we’re staying there in September!
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Really enjoyed reading about your trip. Hope you recover from the jet lag soon. Thanks for sharing. 🤗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mack151
A Guest at All-Stars

Really enjoyed following your trip.
Was wondering if you used the shuttle from the Garland to Universal (there and back) and if so how was it? Thanks
Mack151 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mack151 View Post
Really enjoyed following your trip.
Was wondering if you used the shuttle from the Garland to Universal (there and back) and if so how was it? Thanks
Yes we used it a lot. As it is still their winter there is a point where its not very frequent in middle of the day but we just worked around the times. The only problem was the one evening we stayed till park close at 6pm, the pick up at 6 15 was very busy and not everyone could get on as bus not big. The driver told them they had to wait till next bus at 8.15! He then back tracked and said he would come straight back up. This could be an issue at busier times. Here is the current time table

One day the driver even dropped us off at the metro station at bottom of hill as we were only ones on bus.(we did want to be dropped off there &#128518

Edited at 10:35 PM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for writing, getting me excited for my own trip
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mack151
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks for the info on the shuttle nursetina, appreciate it. Hope you're getting over the jet lag - have a note to myself to buy some melatonin after reading about it here - hopefully it works for you.
Mack151 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 22, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mack151 View Post
Thanks for the info on the shuttle nursetina, appreciate it. Hope you're getting over the jet lag - have a note to myself to buy some melatonin after reading about it here - hopefully it works for you.
I really rate melatonin. I tend to get the 5mgs and that works great. I took 1 on the flight and it definately helped me sleep, I also took 1 my first night back to help me get a good sleep and I slept solidly for 11hrs . Since then I've not suffered at all and now feel back in my normal sleep pattern.
Old 23 Apr 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I really rate melatonin. I tend to get the 5mgs and that works great. I took 1 on the flight and it definately helped me sleep, I also took 1 my first night back to help me get a good sleep and I slept solidly for 11hrs . Since then I've not suffered at all and now feel back in my normal sleep pattern.
Great trip report thanks, I looked at the garland but we wanted places around the hotel to eat and TA forum said there is nothing around, would you say that is the case?
Interesting about the melatonin, I’ve seen mention of it before. I’m wondering if I should get some for my husband as we arrive back the Sunday afternoon and he is back to work the Monday morning! He did agree to this on booking but I rather suspect he will have forgotten that when it actually comes to doing it.