Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Apr 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I have an update at long last. BA have provided evidence to CEDR stating that they aren't paying compensation as the delay was due to a power outage that caused all the backlog at TSA, causing a lot of people to be delayed getting to gate. They provided e mail from MCO TSA stating power outage was 6.30/7pm. So I have replied stating if that is the case it would not have affected our flight as people would be already at gate for boarding at the point of power outage. I stated no queues at TSA when I went through at around 4.30. I stated there were huge queues at BA checkin so if people were caught up in delays at TSA it would have been because they were already delayed at checkin. They also said they would pay for food and drink purchased if I provided receipts. My reply was we couldn't purchase anything as we were sat on the plane for the 4 hrs and offered 1 cup of water. They also said everyone should have received written documentation of our rights, I replied saying I didn't receive those and didn't see them offered to anyone on the flight! It now goes to an adjudicator so we will see, I'm not expecting a positive outcome. On the positive side I also received e mail from BA today apologising for delay in paying compensation for flight on 27th nov, telling me amount I'll get and it will be in my account within 10 days.ive e mailed BA regularly about this so glad that is coming soon 🤞
Thanks for this. I got the knock back from them, but i will keep at it after reading this.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Thanks for this. I got the knock back from them, but i will keep at it after reading this.
I'm still waiting for an adjudicator to be allocated to look at the case, I'll update when I have any news.
On the positive side I have now had my compensation paid for the delayed flight on 27th November after chasing it numerous times.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

It seems BA provided you more information than me! I only got TSA failure and they refused to tell me the time of the last checked in passenger (I wonder why?).

If they have put the TSA failure as the main reason, which apparently occurred at 6.30, as you say it wouldn’t effect us, as boarding time was schedule for 6.15.

Also, on the plane, if you remember..this wasn’t the reason given by the pilot. I’m certain that was blamed on extra checks?
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Adjudicator has now been allocated, just have to wait for them to assess both cases.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Adjudicator decision upholds BA that delay due to exceptional circumstances 😒 pretty disappointing to be honest.
Old 30 Apr 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Adjudicator decision upholds BA that delay due to exceptional circumstances 😒 pretty disappointing to be honest.
At least you tried. BA are a shambles anyway and I will never fly with them again and hope they go bankrupt.