Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Apr 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I bet the pancakes tasted weird because of the sprinkles in the batter. Lots of horrible artificial food colorings here that I think sometimes have a weird aftertaste.
Old 6 Apr 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Some nice looking food there, I particularly like the look of the burger and the steak
Can't fault a Five Guys burger or a Longhorns steak

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Longhorns looks really tasty, it is normally very nice 😋 The breakfast although not your favourite seemed very reasonably priced.
It really is isn't it, I much prefer it over Outback too. It was and I actually forgot to mention I had a 20% off coupon that we used! I'm just gonna add it to the post now x

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I bet the pancakes tasted weird because of the sprinkles in the batter. Lots of horrible artificial food colorings here that I think sometimes have a weird aftertaste.
Do you know what, I think that's right actually, I never even thought of that, I just asked Chris and he did say Caitlin tried his pancake too and she didn't like that either x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Day 7 – Perkins, Auntie Anne’s, Five Guys and Longhorns Steakhouse

Breakfast

I was so looking forward to this morning’s choice of breakfast as I had a lovely strawberry French toast from Perkins in 2019! We arrived around 9am and were seated immediately. Our server was amazing, he memorised our whole order without writing it down, I can’t even order a meal and drink for us without writing it down He was so lovely and friendly too. I was devastated to see they didn’t do the strawberry French toast We ordered:

I can’t find the receipt for this but I think Chris had the build your own breakfast

I ordered from the specials menu, I can’t seem to find this on their menu online but it was like an egg roll but filled with strawberry or raspberry and cream cheese

Caitlin had the kids rainnow pancakes with fruit

Thomas had the kids scrambled egg, hash brown and toast

Noah had the silver dollar short stack and I had his bacon

Caitlin really didn’t like he pancakes, she said they tasted salty, Chris had pancakes and his were fine, I tried Caitlin’s and didn’t think they tasted salty but they did have a weird taste too them, I just couldn’t put my finger on what it was. Thomas, Noah and Chris ate their meals but said they much preferred Denny’s. My egg rolls were nice, I managed 1, 1 slice of bacon and a tiny bit of Chris’s hash brown, I’m definitely not a hash brown lover. Overall we didn’t think the breakfast was the best and I had it planned for another day and we decided to skip it instead which was a shame. The kids were also given cookies before we left, but none of them liked them as they have cinnamon in (why do they put cinnamon in everything over there )

We did have a 20% off coupon for Perkins too as I signed up for the rewards club and received it by email. I had a good nosey at the desserts and was so tempted to get one to take back to the villa but knew we had to leave it in the car so there was no point

This came to $34.74

Snack

We walked past Auntie Anne’s at 10.50am and it didn’t open until 11am, so I popped back when it opened and grabbed some snacks. I got the cinnamon bites and the pretzel bites with a cheese sauce, we kept these in the top of the pushchair and snacked on them whilst shopping. I love these but can only manage 2/3 at a time It was mainly me that ate them to be fair!

This came to $14.29

Lunch

Lunch was in the food court, the kids had their sandwiches/wraps and Chris and I opted for a Five Guys. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, fried onions and mayo with a side of regular fries and a coke. Having ‘fast food’ in America really has made us realise just how slow our ‘fast food’ places are within 2 minutes our meal was served!

We both really enjoyed this, I managed about 1/3 of the burger and a couple of fries, the boys helped with the fries and Chris had the rest of the burger and fries too. So so tasty, but horrendously calorific … it was worth it though

This came to $19.68

Snack

I grabbed us a giant slushie and a coke from Seven Eleven when we popped some fuel and air in the car, I’d seen people mention how cheap the drinks were in service stations and the kids were buzzing with the size of the slushie which they shared. We don’t have any pics though.

This came to £3.71

Dinner

We’d decided to head to Longhorns tonight, I was so excited for this. Longhorns was probably my favourite sit down meal of 2019. It was around 7.30pm on a Saturday evening and we were told the wait was around an hour so we decided to pop over the road to Target whilst we waited, we grabbed a few more snacks for the villa and some bits a friend asked me to get them headed back over to Longhorns around 8.15pm. We were then seated.

Obviously first up they brought the beautiful warm bread, I cut myself a very small slither of it and enjoyed every single second of it

Noah had eaten pasta back at the villa so he just got a chocolate milk. Thomas ordered the kids chicken tenders with fries, Caitlin the 12oz sirloin, she’d also had some pasta at the villa as we knew she wouldn’t eat any of the sides here. She got to choose 2 sides so I choose the loaded jacket potato and a Caesar side salad. Chris choose the 6oz filet with mashed potato and Caesar salad too. I ordered a side of mac n cheese as I felt so guilty not ordering here.

The Caesar salads are brought out almost straight away and we picked at these until our food came, I managed about ½ but didn’t want to fill up on the salad.

We all really enjoyed this meal, it was another favourite again this trip, the steaks were beautiful and the sides were too, I managed ¼ of the loaded potato, a couple of bites of steak and 2 forks of mac n cheese and I enjoyed every single bite. Caitlin and Chris also ate some of the mac n cheese.

I don’t have the receipt for this but we did pay in cash and it was around $60 before tip and we paid $72 and some change we had.

We ate out for pretty much every single meal today so the budget did take a hit but we’re still under budget for now

Day 7 Total: $144.42
Total So Far: $768.20

Budget: $71.80 under budget

Love those rainbow pancakes 🙊💕😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loving this food report and amazing how you are keeping within budget.
My 2 are young adults now so dinner out over there is $120 alone! But so worth it!
We love Bob Evans for brekkie and Mannys/Longhorns for dinner.
Looking forward to your next installment!
Old 7 Apr 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some fab breakfasts, you did really well to make breakfast at the villa too! Your pancakes looked amazing. Seems like a great idea to buy the popcorn bucket and get refills. I've not bothered looking into that before with having the dining plan. But maybe that's a good idea for us this summer.

The Longhorns meal looked so tasty, can't wait to be back there.

Oh also, you're doing really well trying to cram in the 50th snacks in wdw. The cookie sandwich looked delicious and I can't believe the kids didn't want any of it. Honestly I also couldn't believe that the kids all had their packed lunches while you and Chris had 5 guys too!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Kelly what a shame Caitlin’s pancakes didn’t taste so great , I love the fruit pie in Perkins 🥧
Five Guys are the best and even better now since they arrived in our home city last year 😉
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Love those rainbow pancakes 🙊💕😋
They look great, but definitely had a strange taste to them X

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Loving this food report and amazing how you are keeping within budget.
My 2 are young adults now so dinner out over there is $120 alone! But so worth it!
We love Bob Evans for brekkie and Mannys/Longhorns for dinner.
Looking forward to your next installment!
Thank you so much. Mine don't have huge appetites and are fussy eaters. We definitely need to try Bob Evans and Manny's. Manny's was on our list for this trip but we didn't manage to make it which was a shame x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Some fab breakfasts, you did really well to make breakfast at the villa too! Your pancakes looked amazing. Seems like a great idea to buy the popcorn bucket and get refills. I've not bothered looking into that before with having the dining plan. But maybe that's a good idea for us this summer.

The Longhorns meal looked so tasty, can't wait to be back there.

Oh also, you're doing really well trying to cram in the 50th snacks in wdw. The cookie sandwich looked delicious and I can't believe the kids didn't want any of it. Honestly I also couldn't believe that the kids all had their packed lunches while you and Chris had 5 guys too!
Thanks Abby, I was generally up pretty early so it made sense for me to make breakfast quite a few times and it also saved quite a bit of money too so bonus!

The popcorn bucket was fab and great for little snacks throughout the day when you're a little peckish.

I was so disappointed in the kids I think it was just too warm for them they didn't really want to eat much. Again Five Guys the boys don't eat burgers (they demolished the fries though) Caitlin is fussy (surprise surprise) with burgers and usually only eats McDonalds burgers ... absolutely love having fussy kids ... not x

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Kelly what a shame Caitlin’s pancakes didn’t taste so great , I love the fruit pie in Perkins 🥧
Five Guys are the best and even better now since they arrived in our home city last year 😉
Xx
We really need to try a pie next time, I'd have loved the pecan pie but Chris doesn't like nuts and it would probably take me a week to eat the slice of pie

I do love a Five Guys, how exciting you have one nearby too ... that could be dangerous our nearest is about 20 miles away so I'm safe for now x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
I love all fruit pies , especially the cherry
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Still following your updates with interest and enjoying them. I'm considering Longhorns or Texas Roadhouse for a steak dinner one night so it was great to read your latest update.

When it comes to breakfast places I'm impressed you've eaten out so often. I want to try Denny's, Cracker barrel, Keke's and maybe Panera on this trip but I'm conflicted as I also want to get to the parks as early as possible. Eating out takes so long!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 22, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Fab report. Love the look of that ice cream cookie sandwich 😋
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List