Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 May 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Pop Century Skyliner experience

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can share their experience of using skyliner from Pop? Our original plan was to stay CBR but due to budget, we may switch to Pop instead. Just wondering if it gets you to the parks early enough for you to maximise use of early park opening? Also, do you have to disembark and then queue up again behind people queuing at cbr? If so, do you have to queue for long? We plan to go the last two weeks of August next year, if time of year impacts at all.
Keen to hear any thoughts - pros and cons, or maybe even tips.

Thanks in advance
Old 12 May 22, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

We wanted CBR but budget meant we stayed at POP instead. I’m also interested in this.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed last week and loved it. It was quick and easy, great for early magic hours and never queued for any great length of time. So much better than the bus! To be honest we moved on to SSR and now AKL but preferred our stay at Pop for the transportation.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Sorry to jump on this but I just read this somewhere and can’t think this is right, but is it true that if it’s a ‘skyliner’ resort there’s no buses to epcot and HS too? It’s putting me off a bit but I just feel that can’t be right!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I loved my stay at Pop back in November. We didn’t do any rope drops so can’t tell you anything about the rush hour. But getting to Epcot and HS around 10am and leaving before fireworks was an absolute breeze and no queues. We did have one windy day where the Skyliner pod was swaying a little bit more than we liked but it was fine and 99% of the time it was a really enjoyable journey.

Being on that skyliner route is a real bonus and bumps Pop and AOA into a resort class of it’s own in my opinion.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Sorry to jump on this but I just read this somewhere and can’t think this is right, but is it true that if it’s a ‘skyliner’ resort there’s no buses to epcot and HS too? It’s putting me off a bit but I just feel that can’t be right!
As far as I’m aware, skyliner resorts only offer buses to skyliner parks if the skyliner is down (eg due to bad weather). Someone else may be able to confirm that for you though.
Old 12 May 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
As far as I’m aware, skyliner resorts only offer buses to skyliner parks if the skyliner is down (eg due to bad weather). Someone else may be able to confirm that for you though.
Thank you! That’s my understanding too. I saw some monstrous queues on a night at the stations and reports it was taking hours over Easter. I want to stay at pop or AOA but this it left me a little worried. 🙈 I don’t get it, at the other resorts with more than one option they have bus/boat or monorail and bus so I was hoping that was wrong.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can share their experience of using skyliner from Pop? Our original plan was to stay CBR but due to budget, we may switch to Pop instead. Just wondering if it gets you to the parks early enough for you to maximise use of early park opening? Also, do you have to disembark and then queue up again behind people queuing at cbr? If so, do you have to queue for long? We plan to go the last two weeks of August next year, if time of year impacts at all.
Keen to hear any thoughts - pros and cons, or maybe even tips.

Thanks in advance
I've not stayed there, but I've heard this discussed several times by Mike on the Be Our Guest podcast, as he's a long-term advocate of Pop.

Yes, you do you have to disembark at CBR and join the back of the existing queue of CBR guests.

Mike has often commented on how long that queue is and you think "we're never going to get there!" but due to the Skyliner's capapcity and continual loading, the queue moves quicker than you may expect.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
I've hit early entry from Pop most mornings this month. The one time there was a line, it was just as the skyliner was opening but even then the line moves very quickly. At the CBR interchange there has rarely been any wait at all.
The buses have been more of an issue than the skyliner.

Edited at 11:35 AM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
I've hit early entry from Pop most mornings this month. The one time there was a line, it was just as the skyliner was opening but even then the line moves very quickly. At the CBR interchange there has rarely been any wait at all.
The buses have been more of an issue than the skyliner.
Oh that’s great to hear thank you. I’m hoping that we can make the most of the early entry to avoid the midday heat and crowds!