Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
w9jat
Excited about Disney

Park Hopping Advice Please

Hi guys

On our last visit (which was 10 years ago) we didn't park hop. This time we probably won't do many Disney days and I'm thinking about Park Hopping to maximize use of the few days tickets.

Can you lovely folks advise on the best parks to hop to from another and the best / quickest way to get to them without additional transport costs if possible?

Somewhere in my mind I've got the best park to hop to from Magic Kingdom is Epcot but knowing me I've got that completely wrong

I'm kicking myself for not buying 2 day park to park tickets with Genie+ last week for January because now they are no longer available.

Thank you
w9jat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
First thing to point out - at the moment you can only park hop after 2pm each day. Just thought I'd point that out.

Next, there is free transport between all of the parks. So you can travel between the parks without spending any money. It might be slightly quicker or more convenient to get an Uber/Lyft but it's not necessary. So park hopping is reasonably simple.

Here are some suggestions:

Epcot - Magic Kingdom: You can park hop between these two parks using Disney's monorail. You do have to change at the Transport and Ticket Centre (TTC) though. The monorail is like a ride in itself.

Epcot - Hollywood Studios: Lots of options here. From/to the back entrance of Epcot (International Gateway) you can get to/from Hollywood Studios either by Skyliner, by boat, or by walking via the Boardwalk area.

AK: This is the only park that doesn't have any alternative methods of transportation to get to it and it's a bit further away from the other parks. You'll need to get a bus from one of the other parks to AK.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh and a 2-day Park Hopper ticket with Genie+ is still available (at least for the next couple of weeks anyway). You can buy them from UndercoverTourist or from Disney's American website via a VPN.

It's just the UK 14-day tickets where you can't prepurchase Genie+ with them now, at least not online.

TBH, you won't save any money buying Genie+ beforehand with a 2-day ticket. And you can still purchase Genie+ on the day for the 2 days you'll use the 2-day ticket.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
w9jat
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Oh and a 2-day Park Hopper ticket with Genie+ is still available (at least for the next couple of weeks anyway). You can buy them from UndercoverTourist or from Disney's American website via a VPN.

It's just the UK 14-day tickets where you can't prepurchase Genie+ with them now, at least not online.

TBH, you won't save any money buying Genie+ beforehand with a 2-day ticket. And you can still purchase Genie+ on the day for the 2 days you'll use the 2-day ticket.
Very helpful information, thank you Nimbus

It's weird I went on Undercover Tourist yesterday to buy the tickets after seeing the Genie+ news but it had taken away the option of selecting any dates after 31st Dec 2022 but I've just gone back to check again and January is back in green. I've just got to make my mind up quickly how many days I want now.

Thank you for your help
w9jat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
w9jat
Excited about Disney

I've just gone to do a dummy run on my phone and on Undercover Tourist, although on the first selection page it is bringing up Jan 2023 onwards and it gives you a price, when you go to check out it still won't let you select a start date past the end of Dec 22.

I'll try with a vpn on my laptop.
Old 20 May 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by w9jat View Post
It's weird I went on Undercover Tourist yesterday to buy the tickets after seeing the Genie+ news but it had taken away the option of selecting any dates after 31st Dec 2022 but I've just gone back to check again and January is back in green. I've just got to make my mind up quickly how many days I want now.
The American tickets - which includes the 2-day park hoppers - are not available for 2023 yet. They don't go on sale until 8th June.

Or, at least, that should be the case. I've just gone on UndercoverTourist's website and I can't book a Disney ticket beyond the end of December. You'll have to wait a couple of weeks. (I hadn't realised you were talking about next year)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 20 May 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
w9jat
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The American tickets - which includes the 2-day park hoppers - are not available for 2023 yet. They don't go on sale until 8th June.

Or, at least, that should be the case. I've just gone on UndercoverTourist's website and I can't book a Disney ticket beyond the end of December. You'll have to wait a couple of weeks. (I hadn't realised you were talking about next year)
That's ok thank you for your help. I was hoping to sneak in before the inevitable rise that's coming I think. I'd rather buy before I go just so it's all organised, seen as I'm doing it all but it looks like it will be Genie+ on the day now, I doubt they will sell out in January.
Old 22 May 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you have a car, you only pay parking once. Just keep your receipt as evidence
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

We park hopped Nov 21,this was 2pm on the nose. HS to Epcot via Skyliner,.very easy and brings you in at France entrance. Epcot was open till 10pm.
Next time was AK to MK this was also 2pm and was via the Disney buses, very easy and MK was open till 11pm.
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
w9jat
Excited about Disney

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if I buy Genie+ on the day now, is it valid for all parks that I may hop to or do I have to purchase Genie+ for each individual park?