Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 22, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
I'm actually baffled that Disney gets customers to happily pay $100+ a day to stand in line for 4 hours for 1 ride.
You could say the same about Universal and Islands of Adventure and the Harry Potter stuff.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ollie87
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
How is it? I always laugh when people talk about “click bait”. Only you have control over what you click on. The OP was quite open in her thread title and opening post about her feelings. If you don’t want to read negativity then don’t click on it this thread - it’s only “click bait” as you call it if the title suggests something different to the actual content which I don’t think it does.
It’s been covered already many pages back in a much longer answer.
ollie87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That’s not what I’ve seen on here. What I’ve seen is people (justifiably in my opinion) upset that Disney are continually adding on charges and in some cases reducing quality because they can. They know enough people will continue to pay it. I’m one of those suckers who will go back next year and stay onsite knowing that.
Out of curiosity what do Disney charge for that Universal don’t?
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

It's clear to me that Disney are overcharging and providing a poor experience right now. People are right to call it out and complain. Disney was never cheap but generally people felt they offered a good experience and good value in return. Now people feel like they're being taken for a ride, no pun intended. If you're spending that sort of money then you expect high standards.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
You could say the same about Universal and Islands of Adventure and the Harry Potter stuff.
I could, if this was a Universal thread, (or their queues are 4 hours or if it was as expensive as Disney.)
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
My 1st visit was in 2005. For our money then
*free resort mugs
*free dining plan. 1 quick 1 table and 2 snacks
* preferred fireworks viewing @ Epcot and MK, remember that?
* $200 dollar gift card
*the ability for free fast pass later fast pass plus which worked incredibly well.
* housekeeping every day with impeccable standards with the cute animals made
*1 hour early access and late access
Now-
*zero housekeeping for 7 nights, had to chase everything
*half of the resort hotel restaurants closed
*massively reduced early access
*no free mugs
*paid for fast pass and ILL
I know all about comparisons and managing expectations but for this kind of money it should be better or cheaper. If I would never have visited before I would be disappointed in this trip without having the added expectation
Can't stop em knocking on our door emptying trash and changing towels, they even take out the towels we haven't used ...very nice lady put the dishwasher on with about 6 mugs in it. Weird.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Out of curiosity what do Disney charge for that Universal don’t?
Completely different situation. Universal has only two parks compared to Disney’s four and have the ability to offer two types of express pass, one for one go per ride and one unlimited. No need to book a time for either pass and the unlimited one is available for each day of your stay if you stay at a Universal deluxe hotel.
Actually, I don’t particularly like paying for it at Universal either but at least there I can book a couple of nights at RPR, a lovely hotel within walking distance of both parks and get it included.

Can I ask if you’re happy paying for something that was free not too long ago?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m paying $450 a night for 4 at Portofino at Xmas in a club room (and the Club there is excellent, great meals apparently), plus includes Express passes for us all with no hassle, no add ons, no constantly on the phone and no waiting for ride slots. Disney don’t offer value like this in any shape or form.
I’m paying for this rather than use my DVC points at Disney. Tells you something!

Edited at 09:26 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

The cost (at least to UK residents) is less, and - when I was there on the same trip I had those long waits at Disney - the waits were less, too.

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:14 AM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’m paying $450 a night for 4 at Portofino at Xmas in a club room (and the Club there is excellent, great meals apparently), plus includes Express passes for us all with no hassle, no add ons, no constantly on the phone and no waiting for ride slots. Disney don’t offer value like this in any shape or form.
I’m paying for this rather than use my DVC points at Disney. Tells you something!
Agree 100% in the hard rock now. Had a flawless check in. So quick. So stress free. Fantastic garden view room. Had a wonderful meal and experience at margaritaville. Unfortunately seems like a different world. Early days but we are already so impressed with universal. Express pass access and early access is such a massive plus.
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List