Notices

Old 30 May 22, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Essex Benjy's! View Post
The thread is - would you still travel knowing you had covid .
This is not just about anyone with cancer though is it? Itís about risking ruining everyone elseís holiday. Or Iím other words being selfish..
Selfish works both ways Iím afraid. I wouldnít test so wouldnít know I had covid but yes I would travel if I had cold symptoms same as I have for the last 50 years. Thatís the way of the world itís how things work and expecting people to give up their holiday for a cold (without testing most seem to have cold symptoms anything worse you probably wouldnít feel up to travelling anyway) which letís face it could still affect immunosuppressed people badly is also selfish imo. I canít see travel insurance covering cancellation for testing positive for covid lasting forever either same as they wouldnít cover cancelling for a cold!

Edited at 08:15 AM.
Floridadot is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadot View Post
Selfish works both ways Iím afraid. I wouldnít test so wouldnít know I had covid but yes I would travel if I had cold symptoms same as I have for the last 50 years. Thatís the way of the world itís how things work and expecting people to give up their holiday for a cold (without testing most seem to have cold symptoms anything worse you probably wouldnít feel up to travelling anyway) which letís face it could still affect immunosuppressed people badly is also selfish imo. I canít see travel insurance covering cancellation for testing positive for covid lasting forever either same as they wouldnít cover cancelling for a cold!
That is a good point actually Dot. It's only a matter of time that travel insurance companies stop covering for cancellation if you test positive. They must be losing a huge amount of money on it and it just isn't sustainable long term. So if you had symptoms and did test positive but they were mild would you lose the thousands of £'s you had spent on the holiday by choosing not to go? Despite what they protest now, I doubt many people would.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Covid or not, as someone posted previously, if someone is coughing, sneezing etc a little consideration goes a long way in not doing it over someone else, ie at least try and cover your mouth/sneeze into a tissue.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
That is a good point actually Dot. It's only a matter of time that travel insurance companies stop covering for cancellation if you test positive. They must be losing a huge amount of money on it and it just isn't sustainable long term. So if you had symptoms and did test positive but they were mild would you lose the thousands of £'s you had spent on the holiday by choosing not to go? Despite what they protest now, I doubt many people would.
I agree. Its not just the money as well. I have strict criteria for holidays as leave is approved months in advance so there is always cover provided. If I dont go away those 2-3 weeks as per booked in the summer months then thats us not going away for those 2-3 weeks until the following year. If I feel ok to travel and not bed bound then i'm getting on that plane.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If I was well enough then id still go
Old 31 May 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bilbous
Getting Excited

I would still go, I have been on flights before when I have felt atrocious and never once thought about cancelling the flight, not going to change now.
bilbous is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List