Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Jun 22, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Gosh don’t know which cruise ship you have been on I have never found the pools cold?!

I hope you find something lovely, and have a great time.
I'm just a wimp when it comes to water! We sailed with Marella and they would fill the pools with sea water each day and it was just never warm enough for me. Plenty of others were in though
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

You have lots of recommendations already but another vote for Sarigerme in Turkey. We were in a hotel staying B&B over October half term last year and loved it. It was 10 minutes in a taxi from Dalaman airport and the beach was lovely. Perfect for swimming but the AI 5* hotels along the beach also had water sports for hire. We went on a fab day out on a river boat to see and experience local sights including ancient tombs, mud baths and turtles.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

I know you said no Spain but do you mean just the mainland?

We found the AI in Tenerife to be excellent compared to other Europeans destinations.

How about Maldives or Mauritius?
Old 19 Jun 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
I know you said no Spain but do you mean just the mainland?

We found the AI in Tenerife to be excellent compared to other Europeans destinations.

How about Maldives or Mauritius?
I did look at Maldives and Mauritius but they were way over budget. We booked Cape Verde and are very excited to go.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
You have lots of recommendations already but another vote for Sarigerme in Turkey. We were in a hotel staying B&B over October half term last year and loved it. It was 10 minutes in a taxi from Dalaman airport and the beach was lovely. Perfect for swimming but the AI 5* hotels along the beach also had water sports for hire. We went on a fab day out on a river boat to see and experience local sights including ancient tombs, mud baths and turtles.
Thank you. We ended up booking Cape Verde as I was concerned a about how hot Turkey would be in August. It is definitely on our list now though for another time of year after all the recommendations.
Old 11 Aug 23, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Thank you. We ended up booking Cape Verde as I was concerned a about how hot Turkey would be in August. It is definitely on our list now though for another time of year after all the recommendations.
Did you enjoy it?

I’ve found your thread as we can pay similar for the Dom rep as we can for Kos at the moment so just deciding which to do!
Old 11 Aug 23, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Son and family went to Sensatori Turkey at Easter and loved it. Sadly Dave has a "thing" about Turkey.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 23, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

If u can manage turkey heat in the summer then I think you would be fine in Dubai, it’s the most amazing place, we’ve been twice now and booking to go next August! Yes it’s hot but everywhere is AC and during the day we are always near the pool! This year we stayed on the palm which I much preferred to staying in Deria last year! Most of the hotels are luxury 5 star, I would recommend half board as Dubai isn’t cheap but there’s so much to see and do it’s honestly amazing. I consider myself well traveled for my age and it’s one of my favourite places in the world. I feel very happy there😍
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 23, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at the Voyage in belek Turkey it’s by far the best hotel we’ve ever stayed in and I’m currently in the Caribbean. It had loads of restaurants we only visited the buffet once in 11 nights food was excellent the drinks and service amazing.

It isn’t far from belek town so you can go out for a look round.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 23, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

It was me who started this thread last year and I'm currently sat on my balcony at the Rui Palace in Santa Maria on Sal in Cape Verde. It's a lovely hotel and we're having a great time so far so I can highly recommend it.

It's not quite there in terms of ticking all the boxes for us but I've come to realise that it would cost us another £1000 each for that to happen so this is a very very lovely (and affordable to us) second best.