Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Largest Python Found

An 18 ft Burmese Python has been found in Florida, the largest they have found there. It's last meal was a whole deer ! The people who caught it, wrestled with it for 20 mins before they subdued it. Not the job for me. I have a snake phobia.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The thought gives me the absolute heebie jeebies!
I hate everything about snakes, their little forked tongues, the way they ripple when they move, the scaly skin... bleugh!
DD was telling me how she had to tube feed a boa constrictor a few weeks ago that was refusing to eat. I had to tell her to stop talking.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fancy a job getting rid of these snakes?

Python removal agents will be paid:

An hourly rate ($10.00 per hour or $15.00 per hour depending on the area) for up to ten (10) hours each day while actively searching for pythons on designated lands.

An additional incentive payment of $50.00 for each python measuring up to four (4) feet plus an extra $25.00 for each foot measured above four (4) feet.

See example below:

An additional $200.00 for each verified active nest.

sfwmd.gov/our-work/python-program
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Anyone watched swamp people? Once you've watched one you've seen them all. They catch snakes and gators. They're a rough bunch but you wouldn't catch me doing what they do! Wading around in deep water!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Fancy a job getting rid of these snakes?

Python removal agents will be paid:

An hourly rate ($10.00 per hour or $15.00 per hour depending on the area) for up to ten (10) hours each day while actively searching for pythons on designated lands.

An additional incentive payment of $50.00 for each python measuring up to four (4) feet plus an extra $25.00 for each foot measured above four (4) feet.

See example below:

An additional $200.00 for each verified active nest.

sfwmd.gov/our-work/python-program

You couldn’t ever pay me enough to catch snakes 🐍
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
The thought gives me the absolute heebie jeebies!
I hate everything about snakes, their little forked tongues, the way they ripple when they move, the scaly skin... bleugh!
DD was telling me how she had to tube feed a boa constrictor a few weeks ago that was refusing to eat. I had to tell her to stop talking.
Awful things aren’t they !

I was at a friends house recently in North Carolina , on his fridge is a picture of all the different types of snakes to be found around NC .

Put me right off going in his fridge 🤣

His house backs on to huge woods , We all went for a walk but I can tell you I kept a close eye on where I was walking

Thankfully we didn’t see any 🐍
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I always thought the largest python was John Cleese.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Worth mentioning it was nowhere near Orlando! The pythons are non native and only found in/near the Everglades. They are a massive problem for native animals hence the annual cull.

Most of the snakes you see in this area are harmless and more afraid of you. They do a really important job keeping the rodent population down. Please just give them a wide berth if you can't identify them. I was just reading that most victims of snake bites here are young men who have been drinking. Clearly the stereotypical "hold my beer and watch this" mentality!
Old 24 Jun 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
An 18 ft Burmese Python has been found in Florida, the largest they have found there. It's last meal was a whole deer ! The people who caught it, wrestled with it for 20 mins before they subdued it. Not the job for me. I have a snake phobia.
GOD there were very brave or stupid catching the snake 🐍😳
I would’ve run my fastest mile yet to get away from it 💪💪

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Oh my I love Florida but I would freak at this!

bbc/news/world-us-canada-61916694

We were at a Walmart once where they were trying to get a huge 🐊 out of a retention pond by the car park.

Any I worry about wasps here!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List