Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Jun 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you for a very enjoyable informative report. Loved it.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Thanks for the tip I just signed up
That's OK, but you may have to sign up again as the voucher will usually have a use by date on (probably expires in a couple of weeks). Sorry, should have made it clearer. However, when we were there this time, they asked us if we had been before, so I said no, and they gave us a voucher for a free cactus blossom. We always eat there more than once, so was able to use this. They used to send birthday treats out as well, not sure if they still do, but I'm sure your birthday will be in the month you are there.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you for sharing. Some lovely meals - may have to add Cracker Barrel to our plans.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Day 14

Travel day + 14 days in Florida and we had the best time!

We weren’t sure whether to get up early and go for one last breakfast, but after having the big meal last night we were still full so spent the morning shuffling things in our cases and taking our time getting ready.

We needed to pick up one strap for our cases so headed off to TJMaxx where I also picked up a jewellery gift and a couple of bandanas for the dogs.

I really wanted to have orange chicken again before we left so we headed to Panda Express near to Texas Roadhouse for lunch.

We both chose the bigger plate where you had one side dish and 3 entrees.

I chose noodles, orange chicken, honey chicken and Beijing beef and DH had the same except he had rice.

Total including a large drink and two spring rolls came to $27.16

We had a Minute Maid lemonade but when we drank it there was no flavour so we swapped it it for a sprite.

It was nice, but I think I still preferred the orange chicken in the food court at the outlets.

There was just too much food, but it was good value.

We decided to head to Twistie Treat for an ice cream before getting fuel and going to the airport. We waited a while in the car as it didn’t open until 1pm.

We went through the drive through, but as we were there early I took some photos of the menu on the outside:

We both had small twirls - both vanilla - DH had snickers and peanut butter and I just had pina colada (which came with coconut).

Total for both was $10.73

The ice creams were absolutely huge! These were a small.. goodness knows what large would have been like?!

DH’s:

Mine:

We loved them! The ice cream was like McFlurry. The toppings were twirled through. Really lovely!

We stopped off for some fuel, and then dropped our car off at the airport arriving around 2.30pm for our 5.20pm flight.

There was no queue for check in, I did a little final bit of shopping in the Disney store picking up a 50th magnet which I hadn’t seen the whole holiday anywhere else.

Once we were through security and into the area where the gates are I queued to pick us up a Starbucks feeling thirsty after the Chinese.

The queue here is always massive, think I waited around 20 minutes just to be served.

I had a large strawberry açai refresher, DH had a pineapple passion fruit refresher, I picked up DH a yoghurt and granola pot and myself a butter croissant for breakfast as well as a been there mug.

Total came to a whopping $40.67! I don’t have any photos of any of what we had unfortunately.

We boarded and took off on time. We were in economy in exit row seats 33 - never again - it was absolutely freezing the whole flight! The cabin steward told us it’s because the crew cabins are above where we sit so they have to pump extra oxygen around the cabin where we were. It meant I never got any sleep at all. I had a tshirt, sweater, jean coat and two blankets over me and I still couldn’t get warm!

Anyway, the food offerings were rosemary chicken with mash and veg or ravioli. The crew apologised when making the announcement if your first choice wasn’t available.

We both decided on the chicken and surprisingly it was available despite being on row 33.

Let’s just say it tasted better than it looked. It wasn’t great, but it was edible. It came with a little salad, bread roll, cracker and slice of cheese and a chocolate mousse.

I spent most of the flight either trying to sleep or playing bejewelled. To be fair, the flight went really quickly.

They offered juice or water and gave out packets of shortbread biscuits.

Breakfast came in a paper bag and was a Turkey, ham and cheese croissant with a yoghurt.

I took one bite of mine and discarded it for my own croissant from Starbucks.

DH didn’t eat any of his having just woke up.

Before we knew it we were touching down in Gatwick, through immigration and collecting our bags. We did meet and greet parking which was fab (although our car was really dirty!) and we had a 4 hour journey home getting delayed by an accident on the M25.

We had a really fabulous trip, in spite of some of the disappointing meals and the crowds and queues. I’m glad we went back to see the 50th celebrations. We loved the mix of going to the beach and spending lots of time in the waterpark as well as just wandering around the parks.

Best table service meals definitely Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom and also Texas Roadhouse. DH really enjoyed his chicken pot pie in Cracker Barel, and of course we loved our breakfasts there too.

Best quick service meal probably D’Luxe burger.

Favourite snack was the zurg freeze in Magic Kingdom, although I did also enjoy my rice Krispy treats this trip too.

Most disappointing meals unfortunately our beloved Manny's (we will now to go Texas Roadhouse instead), and Polite Pig.

Most disappointing snacks were the lumpia in Pandora and the cheeseburger spring rolls in Magic Kingdom.

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to read my report, and for the likes, but most of all for the people who commented - it really spurred me on to keep the report live (until the last two days when tiredness kicked in!).

For those heading out soon, have the most wonderful time!

Thanks for reading 👋
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
What a fantastic trip you had! It was wonderful to follow along and I love how flexible you were with your plans (I’m going to try to embrace that for our upcoming trip). Lots of fantastic meals and some great snacks. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your report. 💖 Michelle xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you for all your reports - have loved reading along 😊
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a fantastic trip you had! It was wonderful to follow along and I love how flexible you were with your plans (I’m going to try to embrace that for our upcoming trip). Lots of fantastic meals and some great snacks. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your report. 💖 Michelle xx
Thank you Michelle for all your comments - really appreciated them! xx
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
Thank you for all your reports - have loved reading along 😊
Thanks so much! Have a fab trip!
Old 25 Jun 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. The pin trading was fun and a fab mix of onsite and off site food. You had a lovely mix of quick service and table service too.

Interesting to read your highlights and your disappointments. A shame about Polite Pig as we loved that on our last trip.

I've really enjoyed reading your report. You did so well to keep going live. I've never managed it in Florida as its such a full on holiday. I hope your jet lag doesn't last too long. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us, it's been fab!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant trip report I’ve just sat and read it all! Thanks for sharing 😊
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List