Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Jun 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Wire Transfer DVC Purchase Magic Vacation Title

Hi
we have purchased DVC through DVC Resale, has anyone got experience of payment by wire transfer? I am trying to avoid any more costs as the 180 points we purchased in AKL has taken a long time to save up for. we didn't want to finance.

I have seen people mention XE and other currency companies. I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks in advance
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Yes I used XE when we purchased our resale contract last year. It was the same title company. I had never used XE before, or since. It was pretty stressful at the time as I really worried that I had just sent our hard earned cash off into the ether never to be seen again...It was received all fine and the same went through so it turns out I was worrying about nothing.

If you have specific questions I'll go my best to answer and help if I can.

Good luck with your purchase.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We used XE.com when we did it this year other sites offer cash back etc but this was the most straight forward and you can do yourself once you see a rate you are happy with
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yes I used XE when we purchased our resale contract last year. It was the same title company. I had never used XE before, or since. It was pretty stressful at the time as I really worried that I had just sent our hard earned cash off into the ether never to be seen again...It was received all fine and the same went through so it turns out I was worrying about nothing.

If you have specific questions I'll go my best to answer and help if I can.

Good luck with your purchase.
thank you. Is it easy to differentiate between the wire and ACH payment. You’re right it’s stressful.
Old 27 Jun 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It wasn't easy for me, but perhaps my inexperience is more to do with it. I ended up having to do it twice as the first time I did it wrong and the title company returned the money. So next time in the notes on the transfer I stated it had to be a true wire transfer. That one went through no problem.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Indy_UK
slightly serious Dibber

I had to use my main NatWest account at the time as none of my Wise or Starling Accounts would do it. Ended up costing me about £10 more doing it though
Indy_UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I checked my notes and after the payment was returned I sent a message through the app saying it needed to be a true wire transfer and the payment was resent the same day. Then the following day Magic Title Company sent an email to say it had been received. So, if it goes smoothly it should be a speedy process.

Old 28 Jun 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve used xe a couple of times, just make sure it’s a wire transfer.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve done 3 via XE with no bother. Magic Vacation Title are the biggest title company, you’ll have no issues. Only one is if you don’t do it wire on XE. Sign up to XE in advance as they needed to clear me and speak on the phone as my name matches a politicians or something he said. Also you may want to call them up and double check the procedure to ensure it’s a wire once you have your account.
The exchange rate with XE is generally much better than with a bank, leaving aside the fees a bank will charge.
Old 28 Jun 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Used our own Bank - £20 for the deposit & £30 for the main amount, had to actually go in the Bank for second ones as it was over their £5000 "limit" for online.
We frequently use XE to send money to our US Bank account
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List