Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile After Menopause…

One for the ladies,
So, once menopause has gone through the motions, do the symptoms just go away and life as we knew it, just quietly resume..

Call me optimistic 😝 🤞
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenbrook
Proud to wear my Ears

Lots of lasting (adverse) effects for me, unfortunately
Kenbrook is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
One for the ladies,
So, once menopause has gone through the motions, do the symptoms just go away and life as we knew it, just quietly resume..

Call me optimistic 😝 🤞
No not really... sorry.

I am menopausal (just means no periods for a year). Still some hot flushes, occasional night sweats, brain fog and joint pain... but my anxiety, sleeplessness and dry skin are improving.

Doctor said everyone is different.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I sailed through menopause with very few symptoms (sorry!)
Periods stopped almost exactly on my 50th birthday. Didn’t go for hrt as I didn’t feel the need to. I did wonder if it was because I was sort of ‘sub fertile’ (we only have one long awaited daughter) and thus the hormone drop wasn’t as severe. My migraines stopped as well.
I had a few night sweats, and my psoriasis did start to flare more. My skin became much drier. Most lately though I started to suffer from vaginal atrophy and use a hormonal cream which has been a lifesaver. So I suppose I’ve been lucky, I’m 66 now.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I am 54 , been through the Menopause and now almost out the other side.
No hot flushes, no night sweats some brain fog and some sleepless nights but I had this since I was 39 .
No HRT or hormone replacement of any kind.
I know I am very fortunate and not sure if it is genetic as my Mum and Gran were the same.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for asking this. I have been wondering the same. I am 49 and perimenopausal, periods all over the place, sometimes heavy, sometimes light but lasting two weeks and sometimes I miss one all together! Night sweats, anxiety, brain fog and teary. Thankfully not all at the same time though! Don’t feel the need for HRT at this point, but, would take it if I thought these things wouldn’t improve in time, if that makes sense!
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

How do you know you are through it when it can go on for ten or more years?
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Im 56 and been post menopausal for 2.5 years. For me the symptoms are definitely getting better. During Peri I used to suffer badly with mood swings, sometimes I would feel an overwhelming rage, that has certainly got much better. Hot flushes are still there but again reduced.
I have never taken HRT, just oil of evening primrose (Started taking this more than 10 years ago, recommended by my breast doctor to prevent further breast cysts)
Also taken sage in the past which did work. Now also taking turmeric and black pepper capsules for joint pain
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
How do you know you are through it when it can go on for ten or more years?
Oh, I have no idea where I am 50,
I have a contraceptive implant and therefore don’t have periods, haven’t for 6+ years. But I have had, occasional sweats, tender breasts, probably mood swings (my opinion not too bad… my family might say different! &#128556 mind fog… more recently joint pains and stiffness… that is my biggest concern, I can live with the rest. So i suppose im wondering if I need to find a supplement that will ease that area of my symptoms!
Any suggestions/ advice much appreciated xx
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Im 56 and been post menopausal for 2.5 years. For me the symptoms are definitely getting better. During Peri I used to suffer badly with mood swings, sometimes I would feel an overwhelming rage, that has certainly got much better. Hot flushes are still there but again reduced.
I have never taken HRT, just oil of evening primrose (Started taking this more than 10 years ago, recommended by my breast doctor to prevent further breast cysts)
Also taken sage in the past which did work. Now also taking turmeric and black pepper capsules for joint pain
Off to research turmeric and pepper.. 👍