Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 May 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- May 2019- INTRODUCTION

I have just got back from the most magical 3 weeks of my life and wanted to document it all so here is my first ever attempt at a trip report

My name is Nicki, i am 33 and i live in West Yorkshire with my husband Brett who is 36 and originally from South Africa.

I am a huge Disney fan and Brett is into Marvel- his hero is Hulk, i think its because he is built just like him. We have lots of matching Disney tattoos so i think he is very much on the Disney train now too.

We both work for a local bath manufacturer, i am the raw materials buyer and Brett sprays the baths on the shop floor. We met at the end of 2015 at the Xmas Eve end of work drinks, we got on really well and had a good laugh but it was just friendly. I saw him around at work but we didnt really speak much until i went away for my 30th at the end of April 2016 with my friends and he started messaging me on Facebook. I had just posted pictures of our fancy dress night out where i had gone as Katy Perry but he is adament that was just a coincidence. We went out after work on May 6th 2016 for a drink and moved in together and became a couple a week later. We have had a lot of negativity with how quickly things happened and the first few months were met with constant ≈≈≈≈≈≈ but we have remained inseperable, we travel to work together and have our lunch break together so we really are together 24/7. I honestly believe we just get stronger and stronger.
We secured our house at the end of 2016 and it needed a lot of work doing, the kitchen was the only thing we didnt need to change! But by the end of 2017 Castle Bricki was born (with plenty of Disney touches)

Brett proposed on our second anniversary on May 6th 2018 (two years since that first drink) with a beautiful Princess cut black diamond ring.

We knew exactly what the plan was going to be before we even got engaged. Hence the reason for this trip report. We were going to go to Orlando and get married in secret, just the two of us and not tell anybody about the holiday either. We booked to stay at Disney for 19 days on November 29th with the intention of getting married on December 2nd. Something was niggling me about the trip and it was a number of things, Star Wars was due to open late fall meaning huge crowds, we wanted hot weather, we werent sure if we liked xmas enough to get married then, i wanted Brett to experience proper Disney not holiday Disney. When one of my friends booked her holiday the exact time that was the final push we needed to change the date. And then it hit us, why not get married on our anniversary? All our milestones have happened on May 6th, the weather should be hot, the Flower and Garden festival looked beautiful, crowds should be lighter, we could knock 7 months off our countdown, whats not to love? This decision was made in June 2018 so we needed to move fast, luckily our venue, photographer and officiant were all available so we moved our bookings and booked the flights! Flying out with Virgin Premium Economy on Friday May 3rd 2019 staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge with 21 day tickets and free dining. We planned to do the Disney parks twice, Typhoon Lagoon, Universal, Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay, Seaworld, Kennedy Space Centre, Outlets, Disney Springs. We booked to stay at the Radisson Blu Manchester the night before.

I will give more details on the wedding and vendors on that days report but we got married at Cypress Grove with pictures at Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk, followed by cocktails at ESPN and Abracadabar and dinner at Jiko.

I had planned to just do a food report but so many wonderful things happened and i have so many amazing pictures i wanted to attempt a full trip report. But if i focus on the food a lot in parts that's why!

Soooo lets see if i can do a half decent job of this

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Wow your wedding photos are beautiful! Looking forward to reading about your special trip x
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneynut23
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Congratulations! Can’t wait to read your report. I love your wedding photos ❤️.
Disneynut23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely wedding pictures. Congratulations.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Oh your story brought a tear to my eye 🥰
You both look absolutely stunning in your wedding pictures. LOVE the tattoos!
Really looking forward to reading about your trip xx
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading along, your photos are beautiful!
Old 25 May 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Wow your wedding photos are beautiful! Looking forward to reading about your special trip x
Thank you it was a magical day

Originally Posted by Disneynut23 View Post
Congratulations! Can’t wait to read your report. I love your wedding photos ❤️.
Thank you, i am hoping the rest are back by the time i get to the wedding day

Originally Posted by mousefan View Post
Lovely wedding pictures. Congratulations.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
Oh your story brought a tear to my eye 🥰
You both look absolutely stunning in your wedding pictures. LOVE the tattoos!
Really looking forward to reading about your trip xx
Aww thank you, the wedding was exactly what we wanted

Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
Looking forward to reading along, your photos are beautiful!
Thank you so much

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Congratulations! Can’t wait to start reading now 😁
Old 25 May 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
So glad you decided to write a trip report and looking forward to reading about all the things you mentioned in your highs in more detail. Great start and lovong your love of disney from decor to tattoos to clothing not forgetting the shoes
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a great start! Fab pics and great to read the story of how you two got together.
Look forward to reading along

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List