Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
Don't plan to buy one. Hopefully, that means one less turkey gets bred into existence and killed just for our taste pleasure next year.
I was friendly with a Farmer's wife years ago and said I'd order a turkey from her. She said come and choose one, I was so shocked she couldn't stop laughing at me. She said that's what they are bred for and we won't be keeping them as pets after Christmas.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We get a crown from sainsburys every year, I do a gammon for Boxing Day. I’d rather have lamb but we have to have traditional turkey.
Old 22 Dec 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

DH has just collected our order of Turkey Crown and Gammon from our local butcher.

Thankfully the Turkey Crown is much bigger than last years so we shouldn't make the same mistake of slow cooking the turkey crown in Cola

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1185660

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
We get a crown from sainsburys every year, I do a gammon for Boxing Day. I’d rather have lamb but we have to have traditional turkey.
We always have both turkey and gammon on Christmas Day and usually beef on. Boxing Day. Being that bit older has its advantages I get my dinner cooked for me. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Well I think we have finally decided! After seeing how much they were in M&S yesterday I have just popped to the butchers and they have a 2.5kg rolled and boned free range crown for £28 which I think is pretty good!

Would love to do a gammon as well but with only 3 meat eaters in the house it’s not worth it … we will have one on New Year’s Day instead 😍
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Well I think we have finally decided! After seeing how much they were in M&S yesterday I have just popped to the butchers and they have a 2.5kg rolled and boned free range crown for £28 which I think is pretty good!

Would love to do a gammon as well but with only 3 meat eaters in the house it’s not worth it … we will have one on New Year’s Day instead 😍
We have a gammon too but only because they were half price in Tesco!

We tend to have one meal of gammon, egg and bubble & squeak and the rest goes into sandwiches and a Turkey and ham pie.
They were a real bargain in Tesco.

The Turkey place we go to hasn’t had all their usual extras for the last 2 years otherwise I’d have got it there. It really was the best gammon we’ve had.
And their bacon… wow, the first year we had it I thought it was a bit manky when I was covering the bird with it but it went like bubbly crackling. Amazing

Edited at 02:53 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List