Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
Well, my birthday is Boxing Day (today ), and yes, I would say I have missed out on birthdays, especially as a child.

Birthday and christmas presents doubled up, never any party, rarely even a card. To be honest, its what I've grown up with so it just seems 'normal' to me.

My hubby and kids always make an effort to make the day a bit special, which I really appreciate, and I love spending time with them on the day.

I have lots of family birthdays around Christmas though. My niece is the 11th, MIL 12th, Im 26th, my brother and SIL are 31st, and my other (ex) SIL is the 1st, and by FAR the worst day to have a birthday is New Years Day! Everyone is all partied out, starting new diets, giving up alcohol etc...

Definitely not a good time for a birthday!
Hope you’ve had a very happy (non Christmas related) birthday today.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If you check with Landry's you'll find I've got a birthday every month of the year!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Samm
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Anyone else hate having a December birthday?

So sick of people asking me what I want for my birthday as it falls near Christmas and they don’t know what to get.

Because I don’t know I then get nothing for either or something supposedly big for both.

I’d never dream of asking someone what they want for their birthday whenever it falls.
My youngest sons is tomorrow (27th). He will be 5 and is very very excited! We’ve been lucky in a way that nobody ever gives a joint present for Xmas and birthday but I’ve not bothered trying to organise a party for him yet as everyone is always seeing family etc at this time of year. So we’re off to the play area for a few hours with his cousins tomorrow and then will probably take him out for something to eat later on.
Samm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My birthday is the 20th. I never lost out as a child, my parents made sure they were separate events, and that’s still the case now so far as my family are concerned. However, as I’ve gotten older and my friends have coupled up, had children etc, I do feel like I lose out socially. It’s years since I did anything for my actual birthday outside my family, it’s always “let’s get together in January”.

I’m 40 in 5 years time and hubby was asking if I had any thoughts for what I wanted or wanted to do, so he can save 🤣 I said I want to be on holiday, coming home before Christmas, even though it’s so much more than going a few days earlier. I think/hope I wouldn’t feel I was missing out on anything, despite the proximity to Christmas!
Old 26 Dec 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
My birthday is the 20th. I never lost out as a child, my parents made sure they were separate events, and that’s still the case now so far as my family are concerned. However, as I’ve gotten older and my friends have coupled up, had children etc, I do feel like I lose out socially. It’s years since I did anything for my actual birthday outside my family, it’s always “let’s get together in January”.

I’m 40 in 5 years time and hubby was asking if I had any thoughts for what I wanted or wanted to do, so he can save 🤣 I said I want to be on holiday, coming home before Christmas, even though it’s so much more than going a few days earlier. I think/hope I wouldn’t feel I was missing out on anything, despite the proximity to Christmas!
We went away for my 40th and 50th. So much more special than being at home with the norm xmas stuff going on. We just did long city breaks for both. Sow the seeds now for your 40th.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

My birthday is 30th Dec so if I decide I want to actually go out for my birthday, everyone says why don't you just celebrate it on NYE when everyone is going out anyhow. I'm like this is exactly why I'm not going out NYE to celebrate my birthday as a) NYE is not my birthday and b) I want people out to celebrate my birthday, not out cos they were going out anyway.

My other bugbear that I'm quite passionate about is presents wrapped in Christmas paper. Now don't get me wrong, I don't expect presents and I'm grateful for any I get but please at least wrap them in birthday paper. Over the years this has improved as I made a point of wrapping anyone's birthday present in Christmas paper that did the same to me! 😂
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DS3 partners birthday is the 25 th
She was so shocked last year their first Christmas together that she got Christmas presents in the morning and at dinner birthday presents and proper birthday cake with candles ( oh we didn’t break any rules they live with us )
Yesterday was no different grandkids were more excited about her cake and blowing out the candles she’d never had a birthday cake it was a big secret for a 4/5 year old to keep all day
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Samm View Post
My youngest sons is tomorrow (27th). He will be 5 and is very very excited! We’ve been lucky in a way that nobody ever gives a joint present for Xmas and birthday but I’ve not bothered trying to organise a party for him yet as everyone is always seeing family etc at this time of year. So we’re off to the play area for a few hours with his cousins tomorrow and then will probably take him out for something to eat later on.
Hope your son has a lovely day.
It’s our granddaughters birthday today she’s 4 and our eldest son was 40 yesterday.
They’re all coming to our house today and we’ll be having McDonald’s as requested by our granddaughter.
Old 27 Dec 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My birthday is on the 11th and I have never felt disadvantaged. I have always been lucky enough to have been given presents for my birthday and Christmas.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
My birthday is on the 11th and I have never felt disadvantaged. I have always been lucky enough to have been given presents for my birthday and Christmas.
Mine on the 11th too

I think the 11th is enough to separate Christmas and OUR () birthdays