Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 22, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
No the bill doesn’t prevent such discussions, it stops the teacher from instigating them. If a child goes to a teacher with a concern about their sexuality then the teacher can address it on a one to one basis, not having a class about all the different sexuality this is totally age appropriate. Personally I do not think any teacher should be having any discussion with a pupil about their sexuality, there are a lot of intelligent teachers but with little common sense and might be telling the student the wrong things for them personally. I will give a example a student goes to a teacher thinking they are gay and in their hearts they know they are gay, but the teacher sees something else and convince them they are transsexual and they start down a different life path. This person could suffer significantly mentally if they start to reassign but they where never transsexual they where just gay and I do not mean this in a belittling way I would be proud of that person. A teacher should never have a discussion with a pupil about their sexuality they should advise them to go to a psychiatrist who will listen to them and talk with them and find out what that person truly is.
On another point I noticed that Florida is so up in arms with DeSantis that he has only raised $100 million for his re-election obviously Florida really dislike his policy and want him out of office not just the very vocal minority
I get what your saying about inexperienced teachers not knowing enough about sexuality/gender issues to advise correctly.

If a child came to me with such a issue as in your example I probably would not suggest a psychiatrist, 1, they can be expensive if going private, which could be prohibitive to many and 2, if waiting for one from the state you could be waiting a very long time. At our school and probably at most schools there will be someone the child could go to to get further advice. Someone who has experience of these matters. In my case we have a teacher who also advises and works with Stonewall. This is where I would be guiding our pupils towards in the first instance.

I have been a teacher for 20 years, I have seen pupils transition from female to male and then that same person transition back to female. These things happen so advice is very important and needs to be right.

I could not give that advice and i'm pretty experienced.

Edited at 07:46 AM.
levtweeney is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

No the bill doesn’t prevent such discussions, it stops the teacher from instigating them. If a child goes to a teacher with a concern about their sexuality then the teacher can address it on a one to one basis, not having a class about all the different sexuality this is totally age appropriate. Personally I do not think any teacher should be having any discussion with a pupil about their sexuality, there are a lot of intelligent teachers but with little common sense and might be telling the student the wrong things for them personally. I will give a example a student goes to a teacher thinking they are gay and in their hearts they know they are gay, but the teacher sees something else and convince them they are transsexual and they start down a different life path. This person could suffer significantly mentally if they start to reassign but they where never transsexual they where just gay and I do not mean this in a belittling way I would be proud of that person. A teacher should never have a discussion with a pupil about their sexuality they should advise them to go to a psychiatrist who will listen to them and talk with them and find out what that person truly is.
On another point I noticed that Florida is so up in arms with DeSantis that he has only raised $100 million for his re-election obviously Florida really dislike his policy and want him out of office not just the very vocal minority
I don't disagree with you in the scenario you set out, but that wasn't the one that I posted about.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I intrigued as to if you have knowledge of teaching guidelines/standards and safeguarding practice for Florida, I don't so what you are proposing could be a reality. Certainly what you have suggested is not what should happen as a conversation between student and teacher in England.

Edited to add why a psychiatrist? This implies some sort of mental health problem.

Edited at 05:17 PM.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Rizzoface, I bet you love Dan Wootton...