Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Apr 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

Another DAS Question

I know that you can register for DAS 30 days in advance if you have VPN, that you can choose 2 passes for the first 10 days (ish) of the parks you visit..

My question is can you still book additional passes form the app, or is 2 the maximum you can have… are my choices 30 days in advance all I can have ?

Disneyworld - Florida, 81,93,06,07,14,16,18,22,23,24
Disneyland - California, 89
Disneyland - Paris, 02,04,05,07,12
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it only 2 per day in advance but on the day you visit each park you can choose a 3rd and once you’ve done one, you can book another
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneydads View Post
Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it only 2 per day in advance but on the day you visit each park you can choose a 3rd and once you’ve done one, you can book another
This is correct
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Yes the two in advance are separate, you still can book in the park in additional to the two you have booked.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Yes we've just prebooked ours, the only day we couldn't get the advance ones we wanted was our first day which is HS and is currently at capacity. No issue though, we booked two others and then will book those on the day if needed.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

So do DAS slots also run out like Genie Plus slots?

(This isn’t for my benefit because I wouldn’t qualify for it, but a family member does at DLP and is trying to make sense of the Disney World system)

I understood it as, say you’ve advanced booked Slinky for 9am, you ride it then head over to Toy Story Mania where the wait is 45 minutes. CM does what they do to the app and you are allowed to return 45 minutes later to ride. You can then go to say ToT, which as a line of say 100 minutes, CM will book you in and you return in 100 minutes and so forth.

Or is it like Genie where you take the next available time (but from a separate batch of DAS times) and they will eventually run out?
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
So do DAS slots also run out like Genie Plus slots?

(This isn’t for my benefit because I wouldn’t qualify for it, but a family member does at DLP and is trying to make sense of the Disney World system)

I understood it as, say you’ve advanced booked Slinky for 9am, you ride it then head over to Toy Story Mania where the wait is 45 minutes. CM does what they do to the app and you are allowed to return 45 minutes later to ride. You can then go to say ToT, which as a line of say 100 minutes, CM will book you in and you return in 100 minutes and so forth.

Or is it like Genie where you take the next available time (but from a separate batch of DAS times) and they will eventually run out?
DAS slots don't run out, you also don't need to head to the ride to book it - you book it yourself in the app. Your return time will be 15 min less than the posted standby time. You can only have one return time at a time (not counting the two pre booked ones) and they are valid until park close. If you change your mind about a ride you can cancel your return time and choose again.

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Also just to add its not just 10 days worth you can book. You can pre-book for all your days. I booked for 14. It does seem to depend on the CM you get on the chat whether they allow you to book all the days at the same time or whether you need to go back on to the chat to book the last few days nearer the time however as some people were only allowed to do 10 days at a time. For that you just log back in, by pass the wait to arrange DAS and go straight threw to the CMs who book the passes at 30 days before the last days.
Old 26 Apr 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

If you've registered for a DAS in the past, would this expedite the process the next time you apply or do you just need to repeat the whole thing from scratch?
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thecheshiredad View Post
If you've registered for a DAS in the past, would this expedite the process the next time you apply or do you just need to repeat the whole thing from scratch?
You start from scratch if it's more than 60 days since your last DAS approval Jon