Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 22, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Printed Documents needed at airport?

We're flying tomorrow morning with Aer Lingus. I've just done the Verifly attestation and uploaded our NHS vaccination passes and Covid test results so the App is saying we're ready to fly.

I'm going to take paper copies of the ESTAs with us but does anyone know if I NEED to print and take with me copies of our NHS covid passes, the DocHQ negative LTF test results and our boarding passes once I've checked in?

Thanks

ETA: We didn't need to show any of our printed docs at either end. There was an announcement on the plane when we landed to make sure we had screenshots of documents as WiFi/mobile signal inside the airport was poor and they might want to see them. I couldn't get a signal at all so the printed documents were a relief to have at this point, but no one asked to see them anyway. Still agree with others though that better safe than sorry.

Edited at 03:51 PM. Reason: Update on outcome
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Different city and airline but we flew with Virgin from Edinburgh and they asked to see our vaccine certificates and test certificates. They may have accepted the electronic versions but we’d had issues uploading plus wanted a “belt and braces” approach.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Okay, thanks Lisa - Given you were asked for them, I'll take a belts and braces approach too and get everything printed off. Thanks.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Okay, thanks Lisa - Given you were asked for them, I'll take a belts and braces approach too and get everything printed off. Thanks.
If you’ve had no issues uploading to VeriFLY then they won’t ask to see paper copies. The previous poster had issues.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
If you’ve had no issues uploading to VeriFLY then they won’t ask to see paper copies. The previous poster had issues.
Actually only one booking had issues. We were still asked. The guy didn’t ask if anyone had issues uploading, he didn’t even ask if we’d uploaded anything.
Of course that was a different airline and airport.

My advice would be to print off anything important, I always do even if it turns out to have been a waste of time.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Always take printed copies of everything(chances are you won’t need to show them but it’s a gd back up to have), even thou you can upload documents electronically to fly ready or verifly technology can go wrong and they do and can ask to see paper copies of vaccinations, negative tests, esta
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We have not had any trouble uploading things and have never been asked to show paperwork. I was never one for printing things out in the past but now we prefer to have everything printed and in a plastic wallet in hand luggage just in case.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Tech can go wrong. Bring paper back ups. People have been randomly asked at Orlando airport to see vaccine/negative test results certs. or where they are staying.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I always take a paper copy, it’s a bit like keeping £100 in cash hidden in your car, technology is great but if there is an issue £100 cash will get you enough diesel to get home🤣
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
I always take a paper copy, it’s a bit like keeping £100 in cash hidden in your car, technology is great but if there is an issue £100 cash will get you enough diesel to get home🤣
I also found it quick to show paper copies rather than get the phone out, pull up the info, scrolling etc.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List