Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 May 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Are people booking today?

Just curious as I’m currently at CBR and we’ve not been at all impressed with the lack of attentiveness in the room. They’re not making beds and trash removal isn’t consistent either. We’ve had to call housekeeping for tea, sugar etc and ran out of shower gel during a shower. It’s really not good enough when you pay so much to stay onsite, cheaper hotels are offering better services from what I’m reading.

I know it’s a sign of the times at the moment & hopefully things will change but paying £4.5k to stay in a hotel without even these basic services is a bit much IMO.

We own DVC but did a split stay as we’re travelling with family but I wouldn’t be paying 2023 prices unless I knew things were going to be better next year. Not trying to put a dampener on anyones plans but just trying to highlight a few things.

Edited at 02:24 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have looked as I have a December 2022 booking that I am going to kick into the long grass of 2023. No rush though.

But after my recent trip, no I will not be back to stay in a WDW hotel until I read of improvements. No matter how many remarks from some posters about them being able to make their own beds , I am not spending £500-600 again without getting my room serviced and so few other tangible resort benefits.

If we visit Orlando in 2023, we will definitely be staying in a Universal hotel and will just have some days and evenings in Disney parks.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Unfortunately, it sounds like it's the same at all Disney hotels at the moment I do think they should be offering some sort of compensation considering the prices paid. It was different before if you decided to opt out for $10pn, which we did in 2019, but towels, toilet roll and toiletries we're always easily available, if we left our bin outside it was taken away, and if we wanted more bed linen, it would be left for us. Hopefully it will have improved by next year, but we're probably going to take a break after our trip this September. We have a split stay with 2 weeks at CBR and 1 week at Cabana Bay, so it will be interesting to see the differences.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typo
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Nope - it'll be a while before I stay onsite again
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

I booked yesterday evening when it went live.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Unfortunately, it sounds like it's the same at all Disney hotels at the moment I do think they should be offering some sort of compensation considering the prices paid. It was different before if you decided to opt out for $10pn, which we did in 2019, but towels, toilet roll and toiletries we're always easily available, if we left our bin outside it was taken away, and if we wanted more bed linen, it would be left for us. Hopefully it will have improved by next year, but we're probably going to take a break after our trip this September. We have a split stay with 2 weeks at CBR and 1 week at Cabana Bay, so it will be interesting to see the differences.
We've just returned from a split stay, 4 nights Cabana Bay, 6 nights Pop Century, 8 nights SSR (booked using DVC points).

At Cabana Bay our room was serviced every day (although we did have to change rooms after our 1st night due to a self-flushing toilet!).

At Pop Century, they had notices up saying House keeping services would be every other day due to staff shortages but in 6 nights our room was only serviced once on day 4. They emptied the trash, gave fresh towels, topped up the tea/coffee but didn't change the sheets. They also knocked on the door at about 8.30 am on check out day to ask when we would be vacating the room.

At SSR, as we were staying on points we were only expecting trash and towel services on day 4. In reality our trash was emptied nearly every day and on day 4 our towels and sheets were changed. It seems Housekeeping services are more stretched in the Value and Moderate resorts.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I know that there are still some issues with mouse keeping. Tbh though, I’m out doing research in LA at the moment and the lack of housekeeping seems to be a thing everywhere. I can get fresh towels and they can do my room, I just have to request it. This seems like a Covid thing although I’m assuming at Disney, it’s more a recruitment problem (/Chapek not loosening his purse strings enough to make a job in mousekeeping attractive to potential applicants).

We are still hoping to book for next year in the next few days. We haven’t been to our happy place since 2019 and this will be the last visit in our current group configuration so, here’s hoping they release standard rooms and sort themselves out!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm just hoping it is resolved by next year.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I’ve just got back from two weeks at POR and definitely agree it’s not okay how poor the housekeeping is at the moment. I wouldn’t mind if we were paying less for it but we paid more. However, I am pricing up all options for our next trip. It’ll be my partner’s first trip and he’s not really wanting to drive so we’d be reliant on buses and shuttles so having the Disney transportation would be really helpful for us. I love the Universal resorts especially Cabana Bay but it’s just the transportation to Disney that’s the issue!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

Hmm - unfortunatly easter when we were planning on going is not part of the deal!
gazza5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List