Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Jun 22, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
I am the same and really didn’t like Lara beach because of this, we went in September and the restaurant catered more for Russians and there was nowhere else we could go for a meal.

I would be interested to hear of places to go where you can venture out for meals if needed.
Take a look at Aquasis hotel near Altinkum. This is my favourite although just over budget, but we would get a swim up room as standard! There is a great Facebook group which has nothing but positive feedback too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PrimroseRosie
Earning More Ears

Another vote for Turkey. We stayed at the Gloria Golf in Belek in 2019 in a lovely 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite and are booked into the Xanadu this August (unfortunately prices at the Gloria have jumped up by about £3.5k and I couldn't justify the increase).
PrimroseRosie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We love Cape Verde. We stayed at the AI at the Rui palace Boa Vista. We have booked the new Rui palace on Sal next year .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PrimroseRosie View Post
Another vote for Turkey. We stayed at the Gloria Golf in Belek in 2019 in a lovely 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite and are booked into the Xanadu this August (unfortunately prices at the Gloria have jumped up by about £3.5k and I couldn't justify the increase).
My OH goes to the Gloria every May with about 24 of his golf pals and LOVES it, won't stay anywhere else! I've told him to book me on for a week after theirs next year so I can try it out for myself

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 10:41 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PrimroseRosie View Post
They both look gorgeous.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

My friend swears by the Kemar Barut Collection hotel in Turkey, one of the best AI's she has been to

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Cape Verde? I’ve never been but have researched it quite a bit and it doesn’t look too dissimilar. We have been to the Caribbean for the first 2 weeks of the school summer holidays 3 times and although it rained a bit in the afternoons like Florida, we had a great time.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I know you said you didn’t want Spain but by far the best AI I’ve been to outside the Caribbean, and I’ve done a lot, was the Anthelia in Tenerife. It’s fantastic
and actually better than some of the good Caribbean and Mexican ones.
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
I am the same and really didn’t like Lara beach because of this, we went in September and the restaurant catered more for Russians and there was nowhere else we could go for a meal.

I would be interested to hear of places to go where you can venture out for meals if needed.
the food was Russian ?

anyway OP choose a hotel with multiple restaurants rather then just the main buffet

Delphin Palace i mentioned had @ 7 choices
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Cape Verde? I’ve never been but have researched it quite a bit and it doesn’t look too dissimilar. We have been to the Caribbean for the first 2 weeks of the school summer holidays 3 times and although it rained a bit in the afternoons like Florida, we had a great time.
There isn’t loads to do and it’s our go to place when we just want to chill. Think they do family rooms too at the Rui Palace. We have just come back from Barbados. It’s not a wealthy place so it’s good as it keeps local people in jobs. Think the new Rui palace which opened last year in Sal has a water park too.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List