Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Jun 22, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

PortAventura express pass and parent swap?

Hi,

We’re looking to do PortAventura and Ferrari land in the summer on our holiday. My eldest is 8 and just under 1.3m with my other 2 children being just under 1.2m and nearly 1m (hoping she’ll grow a bit before we go! )

I was looking at the express passes, I could only see one for about 10rides some of which we wouldn’t go on as none of the kids are tall enough. Does anyone know if they do a package (similar to Alton towers) for the more child friendly roller coasters? Or is it just not necessary as they don’t get that busy? We’ll only have 2 days, so don’t want to spend too long queuing (not to mention keeping the nearly 3 year old occupied whilst the others are on the ride).

Also, anyone know if they do parent swap like Disney do? And if so, how it works.

Thanks, and any other tips for small children would be great
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Does anyone have any answers for this please? Thanks
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
We’ve just come back - didn’t see any signs or information regarding parent swap.
Saw a few families wait at the ride entrance and swap about but they were all Spanish so no idea if that was a formal thing or that’s the norm. It held the queue up and staff weren’t very good at managing it.
A lot of rides have to have a parent ride if the child is under 1m or 1.20.

The express passes are just for the headline rides/coasters. So its queuing up as far as know for the child rides. My 7yr old spent ages in the Sesame street area - longest queue was 20mins. But guessing that will be longer when you go in summer.
Ferrari land has very little there full stop. We did queue around 40 mins for the driving ride everything else was a walk on. They have an acrobatic show near the child rides which was good.
My 7yr old is tall - so he went on the log flume, angkor, tomahawk, runaway mine train and Stampida. He was even tall enough for the drop tower rides in Ferrari land but I wouldn’t let him go on much to the disappointment of his teenage brother!

There is so much to do, its a massive park. There are kids rides in every “themed area” and then Sesame street area.

Similar to rides at Disney -There is a Soarin type ride in Ferrari land and Street Mission in Sesame Street is similar to Buzz Lightyear.
Have a great time!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Thank you. We’re planning a couple of days so will just see how we get on I think! Maybe will brush up on my gcse Spanish 🤣.
Old 16 Jun 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Just a tip if you do head to Ferrari Land is don’t rush there first thing. There’s not much there at all but the park is much quieter on the afternoon for that reason.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

We've just returned from PortAventura - the main rides such as Shambala, Furious Baco, Red Force etc. all had queues 1hr plus each day, though the majority of the family rides were all walk on to 20mins.

The small family coasters, Tomahawk, Tami Tami and El Diablo were always less than 20mins.

One tip would be to make time for the numerous shows in the park. The main show in the China Theatre "Destination Dance" was excellent and is a mix of singing/dancing and acrobatics.
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List